Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-16-2013, 02:19 PM
The Webweaver Poet

The weird and unfortunate stories of Max Carpetner

I made 3 animation shorts for a little rebel and his battle againts evil. I gave 4-5 days for the making of each episode and I hope that soon I will get some free time to make another one or two. I am still learning and the films are at "hobby" level but I got surpised that I could make them in the short period of 5 days each... so I regret nothing ;) You can check them here https://vimeo.com/user17623185/video...rmat:thumbnail

Last edited by Anthöny von Spinne; 06-16-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Cranky

Hey, I really like these! I think the simplistic art really goes well with the stories. It reminds me of Jules Feiffer. It's like you've broken down each image to just the neccessary elements.

Some of the storytelling techniques are quite sophisticated- like when you show the POV shot from the boy's eyeballs when he's falling asleep in the 666 Toaster.

I wouldn't change anything about these- except hiring a musician to make some original music so you could enter these in animation festivals.

Really enjoyed these, and hope you keep making more.

I've moved this post to the independent films section because these are not fiction posts, but short films.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-16-2013, 07:33 PM
The Webweaver Poet

Glad that you liked them :) . Thanks for the tips. I am willing to find a musician to help me create music for my main film and the other I am making too. I myself am teaching in music now but its still new to me (made a simple horror/mystery theme so far with 6 notes). I will make new episodes pretty soon (end of the month maybe) and I will post the link here. Thanks for moving the post and Jules Feiffer is my newest inspiration since now :)
Old 06-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Little Boo

Neurotic sounds and gestures are a prelude to the appearance of his double and follow him until the final resolution that sees its epilogue in a subway.
Production, script, soundtrack, photography and editing are edited by Nino Scuderi.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:07 AM
The Webweaver Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelblue15 View Post
Neurotic sounds and gestures are a prelude to the appearance of his double and follow him until the final resolution that sees its epilogue in a subway.
Production, script, soundtrack, photography and editing are edited by Nino Scuderi.
I assume that your comment is addressed to Psychosis - A Psychological Horror Short?
Old 03-18-2014, 05:12 AM
The Webweaver Poet

The Abyss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg-IOd7niLw this is my latest horror short
Old 03-18-2015, 06:01 AM
The Webweaver Poet

Spacebook

New horror short I have made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeAsqFcVeok

Tags
animation, horror, member fiction