Old 09-01-2014, 09:07 PM
StarbaseOne

I agree. We need more monsters, and more supernatural characters (Jason, cannot be killed). More giant monsters would be good, too. We did get Godzilla in 2014, but that's about it.

I still think Creature from the Black Lagoon is my favorite monster movie. We need more of those type. Creatures that lurk... come from the swamps, etc.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbaseone View Post
I still think Creature from the Black Lagoon is my favorite monster movie. We need more of those type. Creatures that lurk... come from the swamps, etc.
Speaking of swamps, I'm surprised Venom didn't become a franchise.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:55 AM
Scares Little Kids

Monsters.

Humans in monster suits. I really miss that kind of fun. Really cliche to say something like that, but sometimes a mediocre computer effect, sucks life out of a creation. Well it is understatement, if the effect would be too much expensive or even impossible to produce. But hey, Japanese have been doing the impossible for over 50 years?

Thumb resize.
(Godzilla Vs. Biollante - ゴジラvsビオランテ (1989))

So... Yeah?

But, anyway. I really haven't seen "recent" monster flick. (One was The Frankenstein Theory (2013) and Big Ass Spider! (2013), but those weren't so original. Oh, I almost forgot Godzilla (2014). MUTO's were not that original in design aspect too. They looked like Cloverfield-monsters.
Then there are The Asylum knock-offs. Sharknando (2013) and the sequel.
And zombies. They are everywhere, have been couple of years active by now.
Aliens and extraterrestrial seem to belong into big budget Hollywood-blockbusters.
Sigh. Still waiting the great slasher-killer smash up, from 80's-90's. That day will never come... (Except TerrorDrome.)

Tags
horror movies, illustration, monsters, tshirts