Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 05-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Scares Little Kids

Thumbs up Meet the man that inspired "Psycho", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", and "Silence

Meet the man that inspired "Psycho", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", and "Silence of the Lambs". This guy literally made furniture out of people!

http://ahistoryofmystery.com/crimes/...nsaw-massacre/
Old 05-15-2016, 01:04 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Is it in bad taste to say I wish I could've bought some of his furniture?

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 05-16-2016, 06:37 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Is it in bad taste to say I wish I could've bought some of his furniture?
it would probably make your house smell weird.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Hellraiser

there is a movie called "ed gein" from 2000 and another one called "ed gein: the butcher of plainfield" as well but in my opinion neither are great and if feel like i have seen an older movie that was similar to his story if it wasn't directly stated that it was based on him. i would love for there to be another attempt at his story, with a budget and good effects, actors and director. it's a really creepy story and i think most people have at least heard of the guy and so many movie killer were said to be based on him i think a movie based on him would be really cool. something like what david fincher did with the zodiac killer maybe. i think it would work better than the zodiac killer though because since he was never caught they had to leave the story ambiguous but Ed Gein was actually caught. i just think if it was done in a less slasher or exploitation style but instead they took it seriously it could be a really great movie.

Tags
crime, gore, horror, serial killer