Old 12-23-2016, 08:57 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieLover12 View Post
As a child I saw Xtro. Spent years after trying to locate the movie from bits and pieces I remembered. Struck gold and brought it on DVD over a year ago and relived those moments.
I watched it today for the first time since I rented the VHS copy in the 80's.
Just as bad as I remember it, although i'm kind of fond of these cheap and cheerful horror movies.

I remember as a kid being severely spooked by 'Night of the Demon' & 'The Birds', when these were shown on Seventies tv.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:25 PM
Scares Little Kids

Friday the 13th (Original) I just turned 12 when I first saw it and yep that scared the bee-gees out of me. Bloody Jason was a true nightmare. Then came Nightmare on Elm Street (Original) and yep that was spooky too. They sure in hell don't make them like that any more. Those were the kind of movies that had actual 'Jump-Scares in them.' Nowadays nothing is jump-scare worthy of a mention, at least not what I've found.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:32 AM
Scares Little Kids

I remember several movies that freaked me out as a kid. Many of them were made for TV movies

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
Trilogy of Terror
The Devil's Daughter
Salem's Lot (1979)
Crowhaven Farm
Horror At 37,000 Feet

I have them all on DVD. Watching these movies as an adult - some hold up and a few seem really hokey

A few theatrical movies that scared me as a kid.

The Exorcist (saw on TV)
Dr. Phibes Rises Again (saw on TV)
A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
Alien (1979)
Old 06-30-2017, 09:44 PM
Belz

Thumbs up The Lost Boys!

The first horror I ever saw was The Lost Boys... yeah, I know what you're thinking - scared, really? (I was nine years old, alright?)

BUT, nonetheless it's a classic and fun as hell. Joel Schumacher's awesome take on vampires PLUS an overall radical tone that only an 80s film could have.

Favorite line: "My own brother, a goddamn, shit-sucking vampire. You wait 'till mom finds out, buddy!" ('Cause who didn't love Corey Haim?)
Old 08-17-2017, 08:44 AM
Evil Dead

this episode of Twilight Zone was scary

It's not a movie, but it scared the hell out of me. I think the name of the episode was "The gremlin." William Shatner played a guy on an airplane who is sure that there is a monster on the wing.
Well, I think I was about ten years old. In one part, Shatner's character has a curtain over the window. He draws the curtain and the monster is looking right in at him!
I ran out of the living room, and watched the rest of the episode from the safety of the hallway.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:48 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
It's not a movie, but it scared the hell out of me. I think the name of the episode was "The gremlin." William Shatner played a guy on an airplane who is sure that there is a monster on the wing.
Well, I think I was about ten years old. In one part, Shatner's character has a curtain over the window. He draws the curtain and the monster is looking right in at him!
I ran out of the living room, and watched the rest of the episode from the safety of the hallway.
I remember that episode well. Now whenever I fly I look for....the gremlin.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Little Boo

I am young still so when I was a kid The Grudge just came out and of course that scared me a lot. So, obviously The Grudge was one. Also, Chucky..
Old 09-15-2017, 08:50 PM
Little Boo

THE BIRDS could be scary and creepy when I was a kid. The movie that REALLY, REALLY scared me as a kid and was difficult for me to watch as I became an adult is THE EXORCIST. That movie scared me like no other! Now it is one of my most favorites.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:21 PM
Angst macht kleine Kinder

I remember a movie called The Watcher In The Woods scaring me half to death as a kid. It’s an old MWOD film so some may remember it lol...more supernatural than horror genre, but still scary as hell. It’s one of my favorite films now - still have a hard time finding stories of that caliber being made today.

Gremlins also scared the living shit out of me for the longest time as a kid, lol. Those puppets were too much for me. Even Chucky didn’t really affect me all that much - I thought Chucky was kinda cheesy and campy - but Gremlins had me up all night convinced they were in my house.

http://twitch.tv/blatherskeit
Old 10-18-2017, 06:40 PM
Little Boo

Nightmare on Elm Street - was scared by the opening when he's scraping his glove

Carrie

Friday the 13th - when Jason comes out of the water and pulls Alice into the lake

Night of the Living Dead - was afraid of cemeteries for a while

Return of the Living Dead - I find the music very creepy when the gas leaks and spreads in the warehouse