Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-14-2008, 09:43 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakru View Post
I completely forgot about this:(
Dang...I thought you werent online from the last time you posted your half-reply.

I have grades from two Judges already. As soon as I get em all, we move to the Second Test.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:36 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
SCOREBOARD OF THE GOBLINS

Alkytrio666 - C-,

ChronoGrl - B+,

FerretChucker - B-,

The Flayed One - C+.

The rest have been tagged as "Absent".

The First Test for the Elves is up next...
WOOHOO! Thanks, judges!!

And good job rest of the Team... That was a tough challenge but I love seeing how brilliant and creative people are here.

Ferret - You are SO ridiculously creative. Do you do a lot of writing when you're not video-blogging?

Flayed - I have NO idea what I would have done if I had your challenge. That was a REALLY tough one. Good job.

Alky - Considering you're juggling school AND doing this challenge, that was a good essay. Can't wait to see more. Good luck with your finals! (I assume it's Finals time for you?)

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:09 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

Ferret - You are SO ridiculously creative. Do you do a lot of writing when you're not video-blogging?
I used to do a lot of writing. Not so much anymore, though my English essay which is 12 pages so long and less than half way through is on track to getting an A+

I read a lot though, and Darkness and Daggers got my creative juices flowing and I still have reserves left :p!

The Ferrets like it...
Old 12-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Papillon- There are a lot of vampire circus/theater stories, but the Browningesque atmosphere might make it more unique. I'm not sure I see much that distinctly would appeal to a YA group. I would consider buying it, though it would interfere with my righteous crusade against the woman. Fairly inspired, above average work and use of setting.
Miss Macabre:For the first time ever in this game, I'm going to be frank. (Am I kidding? Nobody knows). A Fish Called Lenore lacks legs as a premise. I don't see why Jamie Lee Curtis would be heading up this project and what it distinctly has to gain from her as a participant, as well as how softened Poe really benefits an audience. I'm not especially impressed.
Novakru: I suspect you did not finish answering the question.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:07 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I must bow out of judging.

Can't get into it.

I'll be away from the forum for a while... have to travel.

Sorry to all.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 12-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
I must bow out of judging.

Can't get into it.

I'll be away from the forum for a while... have to travel.

Sorry to all.
Travel? Is something going on? Everything in your life okay?

The Ferrets like it...
Old 12-15-2008, 07:16 PM
For Vendetta

We are sorry to lose you, Rod. Have a good and safe journey.

Leaderboard of the Elves up next...
Old 12-15-2008, 07:18 PM
For Vendetta

Grades of the Elves after the First Test

Miss Macabre - C-,

Novakru - D,

Papillon Noir - B.

All the rest have been tagged "Absent."

Announcement :- Since Gorephobia and pinkfloyd dropped out of the Elves group, Illdojo is drafted into Elves to make each group a 7-member one.

Second Test for the Ogres up next...
Old 12-15-2008, 07:31 PM
For Vendetta

THE FOURTH TEST OF HDC IDOL 2008-09

I am here to address the Ogres. Each one of you is given a task which you have to perform to the best of your ability, wit and innovation, based upon the knowledge you have of the genre.

For your Second Test, the common theme chosen is - SHARP CRITICS.

All of you are strong critics, and particular haters of horror flicks. You cannot wait to bash a horror movie when you see one, even when it might be one of the best in the genre. For this particular Test, you have to point out the flaws of the movies you choose, and put forth reasons why you might hate the chosen one.

In other words, you have to give a very critical and bashing review of the movie of your choice.

Ready? Here we go...

Choose from - Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Halloween, Psycho, The Exorcist, A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. (All movies mentioned are the originals)

Two contestants may pick the same movie, but their scathing reviews should not be too similar with each other, or both of them stand to lose points.

All of you have 48 hours to do your researches, write down your reviews, and pitch them in front of the Judges. The Judges will be your peers for each review, and if you manage to win them over, you stand to score the maximum. When you are ready, send me a PM or post your entry in this thread (WITHOUT EDITING), and the Judges will read em and post their criticisms and praise, if any.

If any of you dont post your entry within the next 48 hours, you stand DQed off this Test, and dont gain any scores (or favors) from your Judges!

You have a hard task ahead of you, so all the best!!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:44 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Awww, I want that task! It sounds fun! Good luck to all contestants.

The Ferrets like it...