Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 08-25-2018, 02:01 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Everything is bigger in older movies! TVs, Cars, Phones, Computers, Radios, etc.

I feel like with each passing decade the items we use every day grow smaller and smaller...
What about toothbrushes?

Old 08-25-2018, 07:30 PM
Hellraiser

A lot of cool looking titles to work with, I'm going to be watching trailers for a while. Thanks for the recommendations guys!
Old 08-25-2018, 09:22 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddread View Post
A lot of cool looking titles to work with, I'm going to be watching trailers for a while. Thanks for the recommendations guys!
Cool! Glad we could hip ya to some movies. Let us know which ones you really liked. It's good feedback.

Old 08-26-2018, 05:37 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
The Return of the Living Dead?
I've heard of that one but I haven't seen it.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:42 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oro13 View Post

Thanks for the recommendations, looks like a good variety! I watched Pieces and I really enjoyed it! Blood Diner looks promising. I've heard of Cannibal Holocaust and I don't think I would care for it much but I'm interested in the other films you have on the list.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:48 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Speaking of Rats: Night of Terror I would also reccomend Hell of the Living Dead. It's a zombie movie that is so bad that it's good and those were both made by the same director
Is it also called Escape from the Insane Asylum? I saw a few posters that looked pretty rad. I really like "bad" horror as well- the most recent one I've seen is Shocker by Craven.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:53 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Is it also called Escape from the Insane Asylum? I saw a few posters that looked pretty rad. I really like "bad" horror as well- the most recent one I've seen is Shocker by Craven.
I don't think so but it also goes by the titles of "Night of the Zombies", "Zombie Creeping Flesh", and "Virus".
Old 08-26-2018, 05:55 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
I've heard of that one but I haven't seen it.
You might like it. It's a very 80's zombie movie about a bunch of punk era teenagers who decide to party in a cemetery where the dead come back to life as zombies. It's kind of like a horror-comedy.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:52 PM
The Original Copycat

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendations, looks like a good variety! I watched Pieces and I really enjoyed it! Blood Diner looks promising. I've heard of Cannibal Holocaust and I don't think I would care for it much but I'm interested in the other films you have on the list.
Blood Diner is a blast, definitely check it out, especially if you dig the dark comedy elements of movies like Evil Dead, Demons, Dead Alive, etc. Also, if you like over the top slashers like Pieces, Intruder is worth a watch.

Cannibal Holocaust is not for everyone, to be sure, but I tried to throw a variety at you to help narrow down future recommendations.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
The Gate
Halloween 3
Silver Bullet
The Wraith
Lost Boys
Pumpkinhead
Have now seen the Gate (I liked it), Silver Bullet (that was really fun), Pumpkinhead was super dope. I didn't know the same team that did the special effects for Alien did Pumpkinhead as well. I saw the Lost Boys a while back and remember liking it. Recently I re-watched the original Halloween but I haven't seen all of the Halloween movies so maybe I'll make a night of it.

Tags
1985, 80's, recommendations