Old 01-16-2019, 03:41 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Also most if not all superheroes have the tragedy of loss that cements that superhero belief. I do believe that most normal people if they had powers would go the villain route. Someone once said that evil is easier. I haven't seen the Invisible Man in a while. But I kind of remember Hollowman how he almost immediately seemed to go crazy with his new ability. Peeping and raping Rhona Mitra's character. Something few normal people with powers would be able to resist. There are peeping Toms and rapists out there without powers.

I remember reading about Chronicle probably on AintitCool. As they love superhero stuff they were hyping the movie as a teenage superhero type movie. On par with some of the best superhero movies I think. Some liked it so much that the lead in Chronicle went on to be the Green Goblin in the second Spider-Man reboot. He was a terrible Green Goblin and that second movie minus some of the action sequences is a horrible superhero movie. I saved a good and funny review that tears apart the movie.
Ya, Hancock (will smith film) looks a little bit into why the super powered person would bother being a superhero. It was an interesting take, though it had more to do with all his issues.

Yes, I really didn't like The Amazing Spiderman reboot. I was so unimpressed with the first, which seemed a bit like a Twilight (TV) version of Spiderman, that I didn't even bother seeing the second one. Oh wait, scratch that, I did see the second one... with Electro played by Jamie Fox. I had to see that, I think I even went the theatre. There were some horrible editing discontinuities, as I recall, like the police arresting Electro, but him being taken immediately to a private corp lab instead... not explained at all. Horrible.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:16 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Yes, I really didn't like The Amazing Spiderman reboot. I was so unimpressed with the first, which seemed a bit like a Twilight (TV) version of Spiderman, that I didn't even bother seeing the second one. Oh wait, scratch that, I did see the second one... with Electro played by Jamie Fox. I had to see that, I think I even went the theatre. There were some horrible editing discontinuities, as I recall, like the police arresting Electro, but him being taken immediately to a private corp lab instead... not explained at all. Horrible.
Agreed.
Parts if it "looked cool" but all in all?
Very little substance. Especially the second one. Peter was way too "cool". It was boring. Emma Stone was "meh" and seemed bored. I *did* like Sally Field as Aunt May though. Most of it, seemed to be just an attempt to thread multiple things together into sequel potential...which it never got...but I feel as though if they hadn't tried so hard for that angle they'd have had a better couple of movies.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:19 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Ya, Hancock (will smith film) looks a little bit into why the super powered person would bother being a superhero. It was an interesting take, though it had more to do with all his issues.

I never saw Hancock. I only remember part of the trailer with him drinking while flying and thought that wasn't for me.

Thinking about it, I still haven't read a comic called Black Summer. It's probably along the same lines as superhero as villain or normal human with powers. Here is the wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Summer

I probably put it on my list because I read another comic by the same artist and a few of the covers are cool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black Summer.jpg (48.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2019, 10:29 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I never saw Hancock. I only remember part of the trailer with him drinking while flying and thought that wasn't for me.

Thinking about it, I still haven't read a comic called Black Summer. It's probably along the same lines as superhero as villain or normal human with powers. Here is the wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Summer

I probably put it on my list because I read another comic by the same artist and a few of the covers are cool.
Hancock was pretty good and odd, especially if you like what we've been talking about. It's not like any other hero film I've seen.

The cover of Black Summer is reminiscent of the opening to X2, with mind controlled Nightcrawler attacking the oval office.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:27 AM
病気の

Old 03-08-2019, 10:30 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
What does the kid say at the end of this trailer? Something like I wanted to be a good man, i really did. ???

Old 06-05-2019, 12:36 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Irredeemable is one of my favorite series. Haven't finished Incorruptible yet though.

Just watched Brightburn and it was pretty decent. Some interesting scenes and man did they know how to build up some anxiety!

Last edited by deaddread; 06-05-2019 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Watched Brightburn
Old 06-12-2019, 01:44 AM
Immortal horror fan

I just watched the ending and read the wiki. Seems like I was right about the movie and it's just a what if Superman was bad story. Complete with the obvious spoiler for the sequel as well.