Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music

Old 02-14-2004, 05:31 AM
1.21jigowatts

Exclamation urgent help with name of a song or effect

hey this is my first time posting here , i was just wondering what is the song or effect called , that i hear all the time on tv that has the high pitched plucking of a guitar (or other instrument im really not sure).It becomes more rappid as it continues . You know the sound you hear when like spiders are crawling all over the walls , or you just realised the horror when you find out that your normal coffie has been switched with decaf coffie crystals ..(ok that last one was a joke.. )

i can't place what its from at all , but its also use alot in parodys of horror movies .

if anyone knows i would be so thankful ,,,, it has been driving me insane for years .Im hopeing you people can put my madness to rest . If you could tell me who composed it and what movie or tv show it was first used in or even the insturment used that would be amazing thank you so much :)

cheers justin
Old 02-14-2004, 05:39 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Re: urgent help with name of a song or effect

Quote:
Originally posted by 1.21jigowatts
if anyone knows i would be so thankful ,,,, it has been driving me insane for years .Im hopeing you people can put my madness to rest . If you could tell me who composed it and what movie or tv show it was first used in or even the insturment used that would be amazing thank you so much :)

cheers justin

I wish I could help, however I'm not entirely certain what you are refering to...If I had to guess at an instrument though...Based on your description...I'd have to say that it would most likely be a violin...Too bad Arioch isn't here...He would DEFINITELY be able to answer all of your questions:)

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 02-14-2004, 07:57 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Bloodrayne is probably correct - I'm sure you're referring to a string instrument. It's not part of the Psycho soundtrack is it?
Old 02-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Post-Moderation

there are a couple effects i know of that sound like what you are describing. It would help if i had an actual song tho.

Are you talking about the kinda backwards sounding effect that causes you to hear something before it actually hits. (an example of this effect is in Polterguist when the girl goes into the t.v. When she talks you can here her voice before she actually speaks then it trails off) this is Reverse Reverb, its just like Echo but it comes B4 the note, so it makes a building effect. (its all over some of ozzy osbornes songs like Perry Mason etc.)

If the effect is more rhythmic with ins and outs that differenciate rhythme its probably more of a flanger/ or delay effect.

Sorry i cant be more specific but id really have to hear it to pinpoint it exactly.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:11 AM
1.21jigowatts

Exclamation

Well i think your right on the violin .. i think it's called the pizzicato effect (the plucking of strings on a cello or violin ), but still i have looked every where and can't find what movie or tv show its used in ....

Its a high pitched random plucking sound , that speeds up in velocity . i think thats the best way i can discribe it . I may be wrong in asuming that it is indeed the pizzicato effect .

i don't know know does that make it clearer ?
Old 02-15-2004, 02:20 AM
BMXICAN

One thing that comes to mind for me would be a pinch harmonic

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison