Old 01-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
In Japan the very 1st giant monster movie that was made and used man in suit a.k.a. suitmation was not Godzilla as many might think so. As a matter of fact the 1st man in suit monster movie was Kingkong Appears on Edo made in 1938. Actor Sanshiro Sagra wore the Kong suit. Then 16 years later Toho made Godzilla in 1954 and that was the 2nd man in suit giant monster movie. The man who designed the Godzilla suit was Teizo Toshimoto he also helped make the Kong suit in 1938. Suitactor Harou Nakajima wore the 200lb Godzilla suit. Nakajima was Godzilla from 1954-1972 the 1st 12 Godzilla movies. Nakajima said when making Godzilla back in 1954 they could only film 5 minutes at a time because the suit was so hot inside he was sweating buckets of water. Harou Nakajima played other giant monsters in his career in 1956 he was Rodan and in 1957 Varan in 58 He was the giant Robot Mogera in the movie the Mysterians and he was the monster Baragon in Frankenstien conquers the World 1965 and he was Gaira the green Gargantua in War of the Gargantuas 1966. Later Nakajima was Gezora the giant Squid in Yog monster from outer space 1970. After 1972 acter who wore the Godzilla suit in 1973 1974 1975 were Shinji Takai in 73 Isao Zushi in 74 and Tohru Kawai in 75. From 1984-1995 Ken Satsuma was Godzilla in the next 7 movies. And suit actor Tsutomu Kitagawa wore the Godzilla suit from 1999-2004 . Of course the Godzilla suit was far more advanced in the 80s & 90s and very very expeisive costing up to $80.000 to make the suit. An averge suit cost about $60.000 to make while a promtional suit is $20.000 to $30.000. The suits today are very high tech and are more than just a suit its almost something you opperate from the inside.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:02 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Who wore the suit in the 98 American "Fakezilla"? I wanna meet that dude!;)
Old 01-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Evil Dead

LOL trust me return the guy who wore the suit in Tristars fakezilla98 movie was a nobody LOL LOL. However the guy who wore the Godzilla suit in Godzilla Final Wars suitactor Tsutomu Kitagawa did kick Fakezillas butt when Fakezilla98 and Godzilla battled each other in Godzilla Final Wars. CGI monster vs. Suitmation monster intersting scene and yes Godzilla killed fakezilla98 in a minute.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:35 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
LOL trust me return the guy who wore the suit in Tristars fakezilla98 movie was a nobody LOL LOL. However the guy who wore the Godzilla suit in Godzilla Final Wars suitactor Tsutomu Kitagawa did kick Fakezillas butt when Fakezilla98 and Godzilla battled each other in Godzilla Final Wars. CGI monster vs. Suitmation monster intersting scene and yes Godzilla killed fakezilla98 in a minute.
That would be something to see...considering I [shamefully] actually enjoyed "Fakezilla" [as we are now calling it:P]
Old 01-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Evil Dead

Hi Return I enjoyed watching the Fakezilla98 movie as far as a giant monster movie it was ok not bad but as far it being called a Godzilla movie it sucked bigtime. I think and many other giant monster movie fans think it was more like the Beast from 20.000 Fathoms remake combined with a Varan remake. The monster was also able to go under ground like Baragon. Varan is a 1957 movie the name Varan comes from the name Varanus meaning Monitor Lizard or komodo Dragon. Baragon was a monster who has been in 3 movies he burrows underground. The Beast from 20.000 Fathoms was a 1953 movie about a giant dinosarur called the Rhedosaur who attacked NYC. The 98 Tristar monster seems to be a mix of all 3 monsters.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:20 AM
Evil Dead

Here is a small list of unmade Godzilla movie projects that Toho studios never made for one reason or another.
1 Godzilla vs. the SmogMonster sequel in 1972 idea was shot down
2 Godzilla vs. the Gargantua one of the Gargantuas or another Gargantua fights Godzilla
3 Godzilla vs. the Devil in this movie Satan would appear in diffrent forms and fight Godzilla
4 Godzilla vs. Bagan this idea should have been made no doubt about it.
5 unmade remakes KingKong vs. Godzilla Ted Turner owned the rights to Kong and wanted to much money from Toho so this movie was not made.
The 1995 Godzilla vs. Destroyer movie seems to be 2 unmade movie ideas mixed to make 1 monster. Destroyer seems to be like the Devil and Bagan ideas put together
The idea of a remake of Destroy All Monsters and the idea of a Godzilla vs. Godzilla 98 movie seem to have merged into Godzilla Final Wars. Godzilla does battle Fakezilla98 in Godzilla Final Wars and like Destroy All Monsters over 10 monsters attck countrys around the world.. There are tons of unmade Godzilla movie ideas and some will never be made like a Godzilla vs. Gamera which fans would love to see.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Evil Dead

Ok here is what Godzillas fanbase is and like Godzilla its big
according to Toho the fanbase for Godzilla has grown in 50 years to 1 billion fans world wide. This figure seems about right if you go by the number of ticket sales over the 50 years and 28 movies keeping in mind that these movies are seen all over the world.
You have to undestand back in 1954 the movie Godzilla was an international success and it made millions of dollars about 10 times of what it cost to make. Godzilla hit his peak in the 60s where there was so much demand to see his movies 8 movies were made in that one decade alone. Godzilla movies have been seen in Japan Thailand Australia Mexico Brazil Canada America France Germany Poland Italy Spain Turkey England Belgium Holland Argentine Sweden Colombia Czechoslovia Taiwan Egypt
Cuba Yogoslavia. Well these are the countrys I can remember there might be more. On a side not in 50 years in Japan the number of people there match the number of fans that exist now. In 50 years in Japan 1billion people have sen Godzilla movies which matches the number of current fans world wide present day. Imo Godzilla is like any other well liked movie monster like Frankenstien Dracula Wolfman Mummy. They may have been around longer than Godzilla and seem to maintain a fanbase. Any movie monster who can maintain a fanbase for 50 years and longer cant be that bad. Any movie goer fan or not must ask themself what is it about these monsters that keep fans watching their movies decade after decade.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:55 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Just wondering...

Gojira, have you played the Godzilla : Destroy All Monsters Melee video game? Im not sure what ststems itz for, but I own it for Gamecube. Itz awesome, you can chose from alot of different monsters [Im best with Rodan:cool:], including Orga from Godzilla 2000, and 2 versions of Big G, 3 if you count Mechagodzilla [Fakezilla is not involved]
Old 01-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Evil Dead

Hi Return no I have not played the Destroy All Monsters video game or any of the Godzilla video games. I am glad they make them but I am not much of a gamer. Back in the 70s my family owned a few arcades and I know how addicting gaming can be and when I was in my late teens games were of no interst to me. but I do play the slots at Vegas every Xmas at least you have a chance of winning money lol. There are alot of Godzilla fans my age and yonger who really enjoy the video games. I am excited about this new Godzilla Chess Set that came out I do love playing Chess.

Every year at G-fest this Godzilla convention held in Chicago they have a major gaming contest on this giant 12 ft long 7 ft wide game board people will play for hours at a time. I think these people are nuts. I am hoping to go to this years G-Fest in July and pick up a movie poster or 2 and watch a Japanese monster movie with english subtitles. I have a neice and nephew who like video games and Godzilla I was thinking about getting them one of these new Godzilla video games. Last thing I bought my neice was one of the original Godzilla movie posters from Japan.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to Moribund
The original Godzilla movie is playing at the Fine Arts museum here on friday. Naturally, im going. :D