Old 11-17-2006, 04:14 AM
She's under the stairs

I think the concept kind of crosses over into their being a set out plan in life, it's like someone from the future going back in time and changeing something in the past. It all has a set path. So if he had of never gone on the flight yet had the oppurtunity he still would have been on the list, do you see what I mean, it's in the tense that everything we do is planned and if we work it out and try and fuck with it, then it will still find you in the end.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:59 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

so no matter wat we do were all dead in the end? i like that :D

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 11-17-2006, 03:10 PM
offtheset

The Fuck Buddy of the Horror Genre

Final Destination is the fuck buddy of the horror genre for me. See 'em once, have some fun and then I'm out - KEEP 'EM COMING! It's too bad they can't crank em out once a year like the Saw franchise (which in my opinion isn't particularly scary, thrilling or even mildly interesting). At least I'm having FUN while watching the characters getting offed. The jump cut from tanning booths to coffins in FD3 was absolutely hysterical. Less Saw, more FD.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to LadyFrost Send a message via Yahoo to LadyFrost
Quote:
Originally Posted by offtheset View Post
Final Destination is the fuck buddy of the horror genre for me. See 'em once, have some fun and then I'm out - KEEP 'EM COMING! It's too bad they can't crank em out once a year like the Saw franchise (which in my opinion isn't particularly scary, thrilling or even mildly interesting). At least I'm having FUN while watching the characters getting offed. The jump cut from tanning booths to coffins in FD3 was absolutely hysterical. Less Saw, more FD.
I completely agree, on all counts. The tanning booth was actually quite funny, maybe not so original, or was it? i dont really care i still liked it. The third movie did kind of veer off the path of the first two as it didnt really connect to them in any real way like the second one did with the first one.

i loved the first movie, it was really really good, and kind of put another twist on the horror genre with its "death has a design" angle. the second one was good also, i liked the death scenes in this one, but the ending was a bit crappy..i dont know whether it was because the main heroine went all marter (i have no idea how to spell that word) on us, because she had to kill herself, or if it was because to me, the end deaths were kind of tame...they built everything up at the beginning of the movie and then kind of went flat at the end with the gore. The beginning scene of FD2 was really really good, i thought it was even better then the plane explosion from FD1. They went all gore for the second movie.

The third movie was pretty good. I saw all three movies at the big screen so i got the big effect for all of them and the third one was really good at the theatre. I didnt like the fact that they didnt really connect the characters to the first two movies though, i loved that about the second movie as it keys in with the death design thing. But the fact that the main heroine knows how everyone is going to die (but doesnt figure anyone of the deaths out until AFTER they happen) was pretty cool.

They lacked a bit of imaginiation in the FD3 but i still thought it was cool.

All in all i loved FD, it is a great trilogy. I dont think that they should make anymore (according to the way they did the ending for FD3 the closed the option for another movie) as three is enough, i think anymore movies will ruin the affect they have now. IMO FD rocks!

xXLadyFrostXx

Old 11-23-2006, 05:22 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFrost View Post
I completely agree, on all counts. The tanning booth was actually quite funny, maybe not so original, or was it? i dont really care i still liked it. The third movie did kind of veer off the path of the first two as it didnt really connect to them in any real way like the second one did with the first one.

i loved the first movie, it was really really good, and kind of put another twist on the horror genre with its "death has a design" angle. the second one was good also, i liked the death scenes in this one, but the ending was a bit crappy..i dont know whether it was because the main heroine went all marter (i have no idea how to spell that word) on us, because she had to kill herself, or if it was because to me, the end deaths were kind of tame...they built everything up at the beginning of the movie and then kind of went flat at the end with the gore. The beginning scene of FD2 was really really good, i thought it was even better then the plane explosion from FD1. They went all gore for the second movie.

The third movie was pretty good. I saw all three movies at the big screen so i got the big effect for all of them and the third one was really good at the theatre. I didnt like the fact that they didnt really connect the characters to the first two movies though, i loved that about the second movie as it keys in with the death design thing. But the fact that the main heroine knows how everyone is going to die (but doesnt figure anyone of the deaths out until AFTER they happen) was pretty cool.

They lacked a bit of imaginiation in the FD3 but i still thought it was cool.

All in all i loved FD, it is a great trilogy. I dont think that they should make anymore (according to the way they did the ending for FD3 the closed the option for another movie) as three is enough, i think anymore movies will ruin the affect they have now. IMO FD rocks!

xXLadyFrostXx

well said.......and they do indeed rock ass

Old 11-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Evil Dead

i love all 3 Final Destination movies, they are all great
i think they keep getting better
Old 11-30-2006, 05:37 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to tcardenas
they do keep getting better. im afraid of roller coasters so the 3rd one scared the piss out of me at the beginning.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:44 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

me too!!!!! i can only go on the rollercoaster at metroland and well thats meant to be getting shut.....i cant see how people get pleasure from them.....i was shouting "GET OFF!!!!!"

Old 11-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to tcardenas
well, when i was on a band trip once, i went on a roller coaster and lost my glasses. now im afriad of roller coasters because i seem to think ill lose my glasses again and i cant see anything without them. i was seriously sitting on that roller coaster fearing for my life because i couldnt see anything and my friend kept telling me we were crashing. it was scary.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Gloriana

Send a message via Yahoo to Nocturnal
I loved the first two. The third was terrible.