Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Evil Dead

8 Films To Die For

What movies have you seen from this so far. I saw Reincarnation, Dark Ride, and Unrest yesterday.

Reincarnation: This is the 1st movie I have ever walked out on. I think it just caught me off guard because it was in Japanese. Im not going to say this was a bad movie because I did not watch it. I just cannot get into movies with subtitles. Ive seen many movies in Japanese for example Tale Of Two Sisters which bugged me cause it was in subtitles but was a great movie.

Dark Ride: I thought this was an outstanding low-budget film. It had alot of comedy in it as well which actually made it all the better. Well worth it.

Unrest: Also a great movie. Out of these 3 I enjoyed Dark Ride the most though. The plot wasnt throughly explained enough in this movie. They could have improved the plot a little bit but all in all it was a great movie.

I wasn't expecting these films to be good at all but I have to give it some credit. Im gonna see 2 or 3 more today. Hopefully they will come out on DVD so I can see the rest.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to makemebad
people who can't get into subtitles are to lazy to simply read

Top 10 Horror Movies (No Order)
1. House Of 1000 Corpses
2. Phantasm
3. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (74)
4. Haute Tension
5. The Blair Witch Project
6. Saw
7. Hellraiser II
8. The Thing (82)
9. Dead Alive
10. Halloween
Old 11-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Tenant

Not "getting into" subtitled films only limits your enjoyment and discovery of great movies worldwide.

It's a shame, but it's your loss.

What exactly is this 8 Films To Die For thing? I saw the banner when it was being displayed here but never clicked on it. Is it a TV thing?
Old 11-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Evil Puppy

8 films with no real distribution I believe. They're released in the theaters for 3 or 4 days and then removed probably off to DVD. Supposedly some decent low budget horror though.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Evil Dead

There's trailers for them ALL up at apple...that's all I know.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
people who can't get into subtitles are to lazy to simply read
That has absolutely nothing to do with it. There are plenty of movies with subtitles that I enjoyed. Ichi The Killer, Tale Of Two Sisters, Ju-On, One Missed Call, Guinea Pig, Audition, Cure, Marebito, and the list could go on and on.
Its hard to see what is going on in the movie when your eyes are at the bottom of the screen the entire time. I just wish that would have dubbed it into English like they did for High Tension. Subtitles dont bother me in the sense that I am to "lazy" to read them It just hard watching the movie when your constantly reading subtitles.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Undead

I wanted to see Reincarnation yesterday, but I was busy and didnt get to go. I am skipping watching football tomorrow so I can go see The Hamiltons. The other movies besides these two look like shit. I think they're playing Reincarnation again on Tuesday. I'll watch it then.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to makemebad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
That has absolutely nothing to do with it. There are plenty of movies with subtitles that I enjoyed. Ichi The Killer, Tale Of Two Sisters, Ju-On, One Missed Call, Guinea Pig, Audition, Cure, Marebito, and the list could go on and on.
Its hard to see what is going on in the movie when your eyes are at the bottom of the screen the entire time. I just wish that would have dubbed it into English like they did for High Tension. Subtitles dont bother me in the sense that I am to "lazy" to read them It just hard watching the movie when your constantly reading subtitles.

well you like all of those, why did you say you can't get into movies with subtitles?

Top 10 Horror Movies (No Order)
1. House Of 1000 Corpses
2. Phantasm
3. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (74)
4. Haute Tension
5. The Blair Witch Project
6. Saw
7. Hellraiser II
8. The Thing (82)
9. Dead Alive
10. Halloween
Old 11-18-2006, 09:22 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

seriously, dude

I take my 9 year-old to foreign films - he can't wait for Pan's Labyrinth

grow up

read

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 11-19-2006, 07:03 AM
Evil Dead

It's funny how different people are. I would have been ticked if I'd paid my money to see Reincarnation and it had been dubbed in English. I don't know that I would have walked out, but I would've been complaining something fierce.