Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-28-2006, 05:40 AM
Jaded

YES!!! You go guy!!!

Deadly home invasion in Coon Rapids

Updated: 11/28/2006 08:27:35 AM

Coon Rapids police are investigating a deadly home invasion that happened around 11 p.m Monday. Investigators say a 73-year-old homeowner shot and killed an intruder on Bittersweet Street Northwest.

It appears the suspect entered the home by kicking in a back garage door. The homeowner fired a rifle, killing the intruder.

The homeowner believes there may have been a second suspect because he thought he heard two voices.

Police say the suspect was not carrying any identification.

The Coon Rapids Police Department, the Anoka County Sheriff's Department and the coroner are investigating.

Stay with 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS and KSTP.com for continuing coverage on this story.

"There is no fuckin' ice cream in your fuckin' future." -Otis
"Once in a while ya get shown the light, in the strangest of places if ya look at it right." -RH&JG
"Do your best, fuck the rest." -Me
"Onward, through the fog..." -Me
Old 11-28-2006, 06:54 AM
Fear scented candle

Haha. Serves him right.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:35 AM
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
Haha. Serves him right.
As you may have guessed already, I am pro-gun rights for law abiding citizens to be able to defend themselves, because of exactly this type of thing. If he had not been able to defend himself, that man would probably be dead right now (the victim) and whoever else was in the house with him instead of the criminal.

"Once in a while ya get shown the light, in the strangest of places if ya look at it right." -RH&JG
Old 11-28-2006, 07:38 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
73-year-old homeowner shot and killed an intruder on Bittersweet Street Northwest.
It would be bittersweet if the guy managed to defend his place, only to get arrested for murder...and went to jail, got used like a wrinkly dick puppet, had a heart attack, and died.

That foolishness out of the way...I think only stupid laws protect home invaders from coming to all kinds of harm. It disgusts me that some junkie filth that would just as soon hurt or kill, could even POTENTIALLY take a homeowner to court for protecting themselves or their families/property.
The guy had it coming. I am absolutely behind the right to keep a firearm in the house, provided it is kept responsibly...home invaders should accept this as a risk of their "occupation", and if they get fucked up or killed, it's on them, not on the person they've traumatised.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:40 AM
Banned

unfortunately - more people get shot with their own guns - than intruders ..
Old 11-28-2006, 07:49 AM
Evil Dead

As long as they're aware of that risk in keeping one...I think if one IS kept in a responsible way, you'd be at less risk. I say the first measure is a decent alarm and security system, if that goes off and somebody persists, you'd be alerted to their presence in good time to fetch arms. I really couldn't see somebody getting through that, and taking a person unawares in their own house and dissarming them. I mean...if they COULD, then I probably wouldn't suggest that person owns a firearm in the first place.
I think the motto "don't take it out unless you're ready to use it" (hm...that works a few ways) is a good one...I really can't imagine if someone were ready to use a firearm and properly prepared, could not come out on top...getting shot with your own gun...I have to say that there's the mark of someone who could use a little more training (which I believe is part of responsible firearm ownership also)
I say if you're gonna bear arms, be prepared for the consequences, and potential risks involved. Of course, it's a risk that I think is worth taking if it meant the difference between being able to protect your family from multiple unarmed/non projectile weapon weilding assailants, and not.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Token Black Guy

I love a happy ending.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:43 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
He still only has a 50% kill ratio though, and that's not great.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
He still only has a 50% kill ratio though, and that's not great.

Oh, hush. :p :) He got the only one he saw, the other one(s) probably ran off after hearing gunfire.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Evil Dead

well

the intruder shouldnt have intruded. what a rest of life. why do people rob others? why did he kick open the door? he must have wanted to get caught.

2.) I'll come back i always do but dying is such a b*tch i <3 chucky

3.) What would you do if harm came your way turtley harm.