Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Perfect Take-Away

There are those nights where you think about cooking, you think about the effort and the washing up...and then the menu catches your eye. Sitting there, taunting you with it's promises of free delivery.

I think most people like to have a take-away. Well, technically what I'm talking about is a delivery, but we always call them takeaways. Pizza, Chinese, Thai, chicken etc. What's your favourite treat?

For me it has GOT to be Indian. Chicken Tikka Masala (probably the least Indian curry you'll ever find), Pilau Rice and a nice big helping of Saag Aloo. The spices infused, the creaminess combined with just so much love and care! NOM NOM NOM!

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Good indian take away tastes less like take away than most others - so my choice too. Dhal+Paneer yum...

I do like chips and onion rings too.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:09 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Evil Ferret-- EE-VILLLLLLE!! Posting pictures and descriptions of the most delicious food in the world. Now I'll be thinking about those curries and the basmati rice all night!

Friend....gooooood!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Misanthrope

Totaly back the Indian call. It's always top of my list. I do dig Pizza a bunch too.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Banned

usually Chinese food

or pizza

or subs

I would love to try some Indian food...but the wife would never go for it [ too spicy ]
Old 06-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Misanthrope

Chinese food is top notch for sure. Just polished off some before :D

You can get a few mild curries like the creamier ones. Over here they ask if you want mild, medium or hot.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I used to be a huge fan of Chinese food but I've gone of it, probably since I discovered Indian a few years back. And Elvis is right, there are quite a few mild curries she might enjoy. Kormas are pretty creamy.

And do Subways out there do deliveries? If they do then that's AWESOME.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Misanthrope

I'm sure there's better joints for subs over there than Subway dude.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:37 AM
That fucking Guy...

Love a good souvlaki.
Adana kebab
A GOOD burger with quality ingredients (like...pretty fucking rare)
Those Vietnamese rice paper rolls with shredded noodles, pork and/or prawn, lemon juice, chilli, chive, mint....excellent. Very light, refreshing, yet doesn't leave you empty at all.
I think the common theme here is presence of salad ingredients...I guess now at 29 I'm just becoming a bit sick of more junk-ish food. I find most of what they call "Chinese" food repulsive.

Still love pizza, though try to make it a bit healthier with salad too.

If I want something junky and greasy?
I'll hit up a local take-away and order a grilled kransky in a breadroll with onions and tomato sauce.

Love Indian...though I find too many an indian diner will focus on north indian food...I quite like south indian too.
We make our curries (indian and thai, some others) from scratch anyways, considering the expense of indian takeaway/thai takeaway, it's more practical, and yeah...we make it pretty well.

In my haste I forgot to mention my absolute favourite. Korean street food called DdukBokKi
http://seoulbeats.com/wp-content/upl...seoulbeats.jpg

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 06-19-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Love a good souvlaki.
Adana kebab
A GOOD burger with quality ingredients (like...pretty fucking rare)
Those Vietnamese rice paper rolls with shredded noodles, pork and/or prawn, lemon juice, chilli, chive, mint....excellent. Very light, refreshing, yet doesn't leave you empty at all.
I think the common theme here is presence of salad ingredients...I guess now at 29 I'm just becoming a bit sick of more junk-ish food. I find most of what they call "Chinese" food repulsive.

Still love pizza, though try to make it a bit healthier with salad too.

If I want something junky and greasy?
I'll hit up a local take-away and order a grilled kransky in a breadroll with onions and tomato sauce.

Love Indian...though I find too many an indian diner will focus on north indian food...I quite like south indian too.
We make our curries (indian and thai, some others) from scratch anyways, considering the expense of indian takeaway/thai takeaway, it's more practical, and yeah...we make it pretty well.

In my haste I forgot to mention my absolute favourite. Korean street food called DdukBokKi
http://seoulbeats.com/wp-content/upl...seoulbeats.jpg

Wow, pretty big variety there, bro. Can't say I'm a huge fan of Burgers or Kebabs. Too greasy for my liking. In fact, I think that was one of the things that put me off of Chinese food.

And good point Elvis, there probably is. Shame that's not the case here...

The Ferrets like it...