Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-13-2005, 10:01 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Question Gun?

Been seeing commercials for this on TV, looks pretty cool. Anyone played it yet?
Old 11-13-2005, 10:06 AM
BMXICAN

Not yet but I'm planning on picking this up soon, kinda looks similar to Red Dead Revolver...

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 11-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
It looks like what Red Dead Revolver should've been.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Hellraiser

Im gonna wait until the xbox 360 version
Old 11-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Waste Disposer

ok gamers,I need some advice.
I want to buy my husband a game system for Christmas,and I have seen the X-Box and PS2,they both look good..graphics,game options... etc etc.
Which one should I buy him? Or is there an option I have not considered?
We already have the PS1,and it is very DATED to say the least.

I just want this man to have something he can block out the world for a few hours and have a hella time...he deserves it..please help?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:39 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by novakru
I want to buy my husband a game system for Christmas,and I have seen the X-Box and PS2,they both look good..graphics,game options... etc etc.

I just want this man to have something he can block out the world for a few hours and have a hella time...he deserves it..please help?
I think the new X-Box comes out before Christmas....it'll be expensive, but for awhile it'll be the best system on the market.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:06 PM
That fucking Guy...

It depends what you're after.
You're actually in the same situation as me, nova...I have a ps1 and dreamcast at home, as you said, dated.
I myself have not experienced much of the ps2 or xbox gaming library that's out there, only things at friends places...etc, so I'm not about to rush to buy the latest xbox360 or ps3 when they come out - it's not only an expense thing, but an acknowledgement that I've yet to play a LOT of things on either xbox and/or ps2, both have excellent gaming libraries, and willbe garaunteed to keep you going on "new" games for quite some time.
I'll actually be getting both consoles fairly soon, however, if it came down to it, here's the BASIC good and bad of both consoles:

~PS2~
Good
*Backwards compatability, so your ps1 games won't go to waste (I myself would never want to stop playing Crash Team Racing, Bishi Bashi & Metal Slug)
*The newer model "slimline" units look great.
*I think overall the ps2 gaming library is a little better, I.M.P.O
*Familiar controller & control schemes for the former ps1 user

Bad
*Slightly older technology
*Longer loading times
*Memory cards are REQUIRED.

~XBOX~
Good
*Faster loading times due to onboard memory
*It IS more powerful, and has slightly better graphics (some people of course will say it has HEAPS better graphics, but considering you've been playing ps1, the transition to ANYTHING will look awesome)
*Easier to have a modification chip installed, er, should you ever want to dabble in copied games.
*You can play music cds whilst playing certain games.

BAD
*It's a big, heavy motherfucker...takes up more space
*I personally find the ps2 controller much more comfortable
*Bill Gates gets more money he doesn't need

Essentially, they're both good systems...especially when trading up from a ps1, the differences will seem more subtle.
You could always check out a few websites to see the subtle differences in gaming libraries too.

Also thought I'd suggest, you could always have a look at a gamecube also...it doesn't get that much credit compared to the two "big boys", but I have used one over a few months, and it was actually a very good system, had a graphics crad designed by ATI, and looked as good, or dare I say BETTER than xbox...not to mention, there is more titles on this system you won't get on either of the others, and some of them are really solid games.
Then there's the price thing...I don't know about over there, but here, Electronics Boutique is selling them brand new for $100AUD.
Just something to ponder.

RE: Gun.
Looks great...hoping my pc can handle it, should do. Red dead revolver, never played that, although I had a crack at dead mans hand, that was pretty cool.

- B.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally posted by novakru

I agree with alot cheeba said, I myself have a gamecube and am very familiar with ps2 and much prefer the GC. However I dont know about elsewhere but here in the UK the number of games available for the GC is far fewer than the other systems. It is cheaper than the others though.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 11-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Your funeral... my trial

About the PS2 vs. XBox debate...

I think it all comes down to exactly what you're looking for in a system. Like, what kind of games is your husband into, Nova? If he's more the RPG or strategy type, then I'd say go for the PS2. If he likes FPS or action games, then the XBox is the way to go. Both systems have their merits, but I personally prefer the PS2.

For what it's worth though, if there's a game I want that's out for all systems, I get the Gamecube version. Great graphics, faster loading times, and a very nice controller. Unfortunately, the library's a little slim.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
fucking amazing game. GTA in the west. GET IT NOW!!

Click for B-Movie reviews!