Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Chili/Finger Story Update...Finger Owner Determined

Police Point To Source Of Fast-Food Finger

Police: Finger Came From Associate Of Woman's Husband

San Jose, California -- Police in San Jose say they know the source of the finger that a woman claimed to have found in a bowl of Wendy's chili.

They say the finger came from an associate of the woman's husband, who lost the digit in an industrial accident.

"The jig is up," said San Jose Police Chief Rob Davis. "The puzzle pieces are beginning to fall into place."

Anna Ayala, 39, who's in jail on charges of attempted grand larceny and grand larceny, is due back in court May 18. Ayala has not yet entered a plea.

She maintains she bit down on a 1½ inch-long finger fragment while dining with her family March 22 at a San Jose Wendy's. She was arrested April 21 at her suburban Las Vegas home on a warrant issued in San Jose, where police branded the incident a hoax.

Davis said the fingertip was given by the injured man to James Plascencia, Ayala's husband. The unidentified Nevada man confirmed to police that he lost a portion of his finger in an accident in December.

Davis said the tip was called in to a hotline established by the Ohio-based fast-food chain. Police found the man this week. Scientific test confirmed the finger was his, according to Davis.

"This subject was, in fact, the source of the fingertip allegedly found in the chili," Davis said.

Wendy's offered a $100,000 reward for information in the case. Officials said the chain has laid off dozens of employees at the company's Northern California franchises and lost millions in sales since Ayala made the claim.

"There are victims in this case that have suffered greatly," Davis said.

Police said the man involved in the accident is cooperating with authorities. He is not in custody.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be