Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Megan is Missing wasn't very difficult to watch for me. I guess I watch too much Dateline.
The ending, to me, was really hard to handle. No spoilers, but man, I just can't imagine going out like that.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Evil Dead

I generally don't like exploitation flicks. I don't really find most of them very enjoyable.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Exploitation is a huge blind spot in my viewership which bums me out when I want to participate in discussions on this board. But it's just too icky for me.
Exploitation is a pretty broad term and not all of them are violent/Gorey - certainly not the one made in the 30's. Ok maniac and Sex Madness are a little bit icky. Most blaxploitation wouldn't fall under this category too.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:20 AM
HDC Idol

Yeah, I know it's broad but I'm not sure how to describe what I'm getting at, you know? I could say "I can't watch films that revel in rape and/or torture" I suppose... How would you describe the films I mentioned?

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

LOL - I think my brainwashing has worked on you to avoid using a certain term :-)
Old 09-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Noted. I keep on trying to bring up the nerve to watch Irreversible but just can't do it.

What embarrasses me is that I really want to watch these films so that I can enter the discussion around the horror genre more broadly - Exploitation is a huge blind spot in my viewership which bums me out when I want to participate in discussions on this board. But it's just too icky for me.
I was like that for a short period of time...I wouldn't watch anything with rape or torture in it. Then I realized.....how is that I can watch people being ate, killed, mutilated but not the other stuff??!! I guess it didn't make sense to me?? I told myself, it's just a movie and it will all blend in together. So, now there isn't anything (so far) that I have passed over because of its content. I think its natural for most of us to be curious about different things, particularly "dark" things. It's kind of like a forbidden fruit. I think it's safe to say that some of us are more in touch with are "darker" side than others, thus our desire for horror. I live for horror movies

Old 09-04-2014, 07:30 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
LOL - I think my brainwashing has worked on you to avoid using a certain term :-)
LOL - I figured you'd be proud of me that I've avoided using it through this whole thread!

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:25 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Uh, whatever the asian flick was where the chick sawed the guys feet off with razor wire or what have you...I think only because of that one scene.
You mean Audition (1999)? It had other torture methods, that I could think of. Needles through sensitive skin, drugging, using steel wire for cutting of legs...

Alright, to the topic!

The Serbian Film, Human Centipede II, Cannibal Holocaust + Ferox were my movies for the appointment (date) with a partner. We watched them and laughed them through, just how over-the-top and silly they were. (Not recommended if you are going out with someone you don't know, for the first time.)

The Human Centipede is just really black/dark comedy about body horror.
The Serbian Film was a exploitation movie with more or less "artistic value" under the surface.
Cannibal Holocaust is classic, excellent effects and story that does not seem to age. But, animal cruelty.
So this seems pretty Off-Topic to say that really, these are just movies that are portraying fictional acts towards persons. BUT, animal torture and killing is always the big no no no no.
(I have NOT seen Tumbling Doll Flesh(?), The Angels' Melancholy, Vomit Gore Trilogy, Philosophy Of A Knife...)

Exploitation is kinda controversial subject to some people. And via exploitation there are directors and makers who make "art-sake-of-art" or just a few, quick bucks about the subject, maybe making much shocking material as possible. Also, shockumentaries are usually pretty much about this. (Faces Of Death, who really watched that crap to see some pretty images and deep story?)...

[I hope, this is not too Off-Topic...]
Old 09-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Hellraiser

worst

Irerversible
Old 09-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Little Mew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
I was like that for a short period of time...I wouldn't watch anything with rape or torture in it. Then I realized.....how is that I can watch people being ate, killed, mutilated but not the other stuff??!! I guess it didn't make sense to me?? I told myself, it's just a movie and it will all blend in together. So, now there isn't anything (so far) that I have passed over because of its content. I think its natural for most of us to be curious about different things, particularly "dark" things. It's kind of like a forbidden fruit. I think it's safe to say that some of us are more in touch with are "darker" side than others, thus our desire for horror. I live for horror movies
Yeah, she's a total pussy.