Old 04-23-2018, 09:06 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Oh I get it now! I think I saw that movie referenced in an episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. It had the same kind of plot but of course it was parodied for comedy. I'll have to see that movie for myself if I ever get the chance!
Highly recommend it (Susperia). It was more beautiful than I expected. I had a softer spot for that than I thought. I liked the whole film too, but the cinematography is special.

Old 04-29-2018, 12:19 AM
Evil Dead

When a stranger calls - The first 20 minutes are pretty intense and scary and, apart from a few highlights, the rest feels like a bit underwhelming in comparison.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:34 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
When a stranger calls - The first 20 minutes are pretty intense and scary and, apart from a few highlights, the rest feels like a bit underwhelming in comparison.
Totaly agree! I'd go a step further and say the fist 20 minutes is easily one of the best segments in horror history. The rest of the film is a dull curiosity. The ending scene wasn't bad, just seemed way too late. Tough to go somewhere after that opening... but yesh.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:47 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

The Return of The Living Dead. I have a lot of mixed feelings about this movie. On the one hand I love it because it had some scary zombies and because I enjoyed the campy humor (like seeing a punk chick with a death fetish dance naked in the graveyard before later becoming a naked zombie). But on the other hand I hated it because I felt like it stole George Romero's spotlight away and it got better reviews than Day of the Dead (which I felt was an underrated film). I don't feel like it deserved to do better than George Romero's movies.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:16 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Highly recommend it (Susperia). It was more beautiful than I expected. I had a softer spot for that than I thought. I liked the whole film too, but the cinematography is special.
I recently watched it and it is a beautiful and shocking horror movie. I started a topic about the limited poster I purchased.

http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Quote:
Totaly agree! I'd go a step further and say the fist 20 minutes is easily one of the best segments in horror history. The rest of the film is a dull curiosity. The ending scene wasn't bad, just seemed way too late. Tough to go somewhere after that opening... but yesh.
I still need to see the original. I've only seen the remake which I thought was ok for a few reasons.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:09 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I recently watched it and it is a beautiful and shocking horror movie. I started a topic about the limited poster I purchased.

http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68263

I still need to see the original. I've only seen the remake which I thought was ok for a few reasons.
That is a cool poster! It's not what I expected... it seems rather positive, I don't sense any impending horror.

You're in for a great treat when you see the original When A Stranger Calls!

I haven't seen the re-make, might be interesting to see what they do with it.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I haven't seen the re-make, might be interesting to see what they do with it.
I haven't seen the remake yet either, but I remember either terrible reviews or the movie popping up on one of those worst remakes video on youtube.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:14 AM
Evil Dead

THE TERMINATOR (1984). Saw this in a second run theatre and Me, My fiancée and Best Man were all on the edge of our seats. Watched it yesterday (quite a few years since) and while it is a little dated concerning technology, it's still one hell of a thrill ride. Really good cast and neat seeing Brian Thompson (X FILES) and a young Bill Paxton (as usual, making the most of his screen time) in early roles. *****
Old 05-07-2018, 09:19 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE TERMINATOR (1984). Saw this in a second run theatre and Me, My fiancée and Best Man were all on the edge of our seats. Watched it yesterday (quite a few years since) and while it is a little dated concerning technology, it's still one hell of a thrill ride. Really good cast and neat seeing Brian Thompson (X FILES) and a young Bill Paxton (as usual, making the most of his screen time) in early roles. *****
Yep, 5/5 stars. Film has a heck of a lot of style. Back then, I'd sometimes dress like Reese.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:06 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Yep, 5/5 stars. Film has a heck of a lot of style. Back then, I'd sometimes dress like Reese.
Yep....sometimes id dress like the Terminator. Loved that movie. I have a thing for 80's night club scenes and there was a good one in that. The whole movie was a blast.