Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 01-23-2022, 11:14 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
i dont find any horror movie scary ..not since i was a kid.

but i find that some are effective ..

Heredity - as someone said above ..
and by the same filmmaker - Midsommer

Session 9 is a movie i suggest to everyone

bone tomahawk is just a great movie overall .. best dialogue of any horror movie ever

i dont judge horror by if it will scare me .. i judge it like i do any other genre .. is it well written, well made, well acted, well edited, well scored.
does it make me give a shit about the characters .... does it have one iota of originality ..

that eliminates 95% of all horror movies. but there are stiil some gems out there.
I’m bumping this comment because what you said here is why I dislike most horror (or all movies really). I just don’t give a shit about the characters in most movies/shows. I just recently abandoned Archive 81 because the main character has zero personality.

I’m gonna have to watch Session 9 now I guess.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:49 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB View Post
I’m bumping this comment because what you said here is why I dislike most horror (or all movies really). I just don’t give a shit about the characters in most movies/shows. I just recently abandoned Archive 81 because the main character has zero personality.

I’m gonna have to watch Session 9 now I guess.
I'm totally in agreement with you there's a big lag overall in series and movies where you can really care about the characters. Lack of basically good people being really good; and characters not having enough characterization. And most important, a lack of seeing a character change because of their experiences in the film.

The Archive main character is reserved... and determined, willing to take risks, not afraid to get to uncomfortable truths, willing to experience 'supernatural' experiences. Those are character/personality traits. But I will give you his background is a bit lacking where the series does need to make up a bit for his reserved personality.

But I'm a bit more of a sci-fi and mystery lover than horror or boiling-over personalities' type of guy. So I'm digging Archive so far.

Old 01-25-2022, 03:05 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I'm totally in agreement with you there's a big lag overall in series and movies where you can really care about the characters. Lack of basically good people being really good; and characters not having enough characterization. And most important, a lack of seeing a character change because of their experiences in the film.

The Archive main character is reserved... and determined, willing to take risks, not afraid to get to uncomfortable truths, willing to experience 'supernatural' experiences. Those are character/personality traits. But I will give you his background is a bit lacking where the series does need to make up a bit for his reserved personality.

But I'm a bit more of a sci-fi and mystery lover than horror or boiling-over personalities' type of guy. So I'm digging Archive so far.
I didn’t like it at all. I actually think the actor himself is part of what I didn’t like.

I switched over to Yellowjackets and loved every episode.