Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
I don't get it... How long after someone dies will they still be..... prime? Wouldn't the necro have to get to them at least reasonably soon after death (like within a week)? I wouldnt think even the sickest person would have sex with a rotten, maggot infested stinky mass of whatever. I'm gonna go puke now.
Well, it doesn't really specify a time limit on how long formaldahyde(the main ingredient in embalming fluid) lasts-

Embalming

Formaldehyde-based solutions are used in embalming to disinfect and temporarily preserve human remains. It is the ability of formaldehyde to fix the tissue that produces the tell-tale firmness of flesh in an embalmed body. Whereas other heavier aldehydes produce a similar firming action none approaches the completeness of formaldehyde. Several European countries restrict the use of formaldehyde, including the import of formaldehyde-treated products and embalming, and the European Union is considering a complete ban on formaldehyde usage (including embalming), subject to a review of List 4B of the Technical Annex to the Report from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council on the Evaluation of the Active Substances of Plant Protection Products by the European Commission Services. Countries with a strong tradition of embalming corpses, such as Ireland and other colder-weather countries, have raised concerns. The European Union decided on September 22, 2007 to ban Formaldehyde use throughout Europe due to its carcinogenic properties.

the Wiki

Gives necrophilia a pretty dangerous edge. According to what I read, the Jewish religion does not allow embalming. Guess that's why you never hear of Jewish necros.

Last edited by Festered; 10-25-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:35 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Fuckin' Wisconsites! I tell ya man... Living in Eastern MN, I deal with them all the time. They like the Green Bay Packers, drive like idiots and enjoy a good corpse fucking like you wouldn't believe... At least we're still allowed to smoke in their bars.