Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-17-2011, 05:30 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakru View Post
Twilight Zone or Night Gallery or both?
...either way, they ARE real stories.

I go into the Twilight Zone quite regularly
yeah I do too after all who can't be pulled in by rod serling's haunting intro newer versions just can't compare at all!

Last edited by jbp is scary; 09-17-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Culte des Mortes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbp is scary View Post
yeah I do too after all who can't be pulled in by rod serling's haunting intro newer versions just can't compare at all!
I know, it really isn't the same without him. He's such an icon that he is one of those people you just can't replace or recast, like Vincent Price.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Seabrook View Post
I know, it really isn't the same without him. He's such an icon that he is one of those people you just can't replace or recast, like Vincent Price.
how true Vincent price is quite an icon too,it's like he makes movies creepy just by talking in his slightly eerie yet calming voice,every movie he's in you just think he's going to freak you out somehow but, he keeps you in suspense,edgar allen poe's poems were his best based movies but,his most memorable to me was "last man on earth"(aka the movie I am legend was created from)the movie was just much more realistic then the remake,for example the one thing that was far different in that movie is that one of the zombie/vampire creatures was talking to vincent as the supposed last man on earth,which really adds to it's eerie glory!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Little Boo

Real deal scary story tellers

Who in the horror world rattles me so much or tells their stories so
realistically that I actually start believing the scary stories? That's an interesting one, I am a fan of the usual suspects Stephen King, James Herbert, Clive Barker etc but recently I have been delving into the world of indie horror writers, some novels are free, others very cheap indeed, some of the stuff is pretty crap to be honest. At present I am enjoying reading a novel called The Ebethusa by a guy called Solomon Strange, not only is it scary and believable. It's, and I don't like to say it, as good as anything I've read by any of the above named authors. Have you heard of this guy before?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth66 View Post
Who in the horror world rattles me so much or tells their stories so
realistically that I actually start believing the scary stories? That's an interesting one, I am a fan of the usual suspects Stephen King, James Herbert, Clive Barker etc but recently I have been delving into the world of indie horror writers, some novels are free, others very cheap indeed, some of the stuff is pretty crap to be honest. At present I am enjoying reading a novel called The Ebethusa by a guy called Solomon Strange, not only is it scary and believable. It's, and I don't like to say it, as good as anything I've read by any of the above named authors. Have you heard of this guy before?
no,I haven't actually which surprises me because I usually know about such good story writers,in fact the whole reason I got into horror in the first place was because of a writer that I read the books of when I was around ten!

R.L. Stine,I'm 19 and I still enjoy his tv series and his books!

I even watch the tv series so much that I can imitate the dummy slappies voice and laugh quite well!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Wrath James White, Supervert, Robert W. Chambers and Joyce Carol Oates.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
Wrath James White, Supervert, Robert W. Chambers and Joyce Carol Oates.
I read The Resurrectionist by Wrath James White. I didn't really like the way the story went but he's really talented.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
The stuff in Book of a Thousand Sins is better, but his work always takes a strong stomach.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
The stuff in Book of a Thousand Sins is better, but his work always takes a strong stomach.
Oh that i have. I just thought it was going to be something else and was disappointed i guess. But i still thought it was good.