Old 08-09-2018, 07:37 AM
Evil Dead

Trilogy of Terror

I watch Trilogy of Terror just for Karen Black, since she's my celebrity crush. I will even watch junk like Night Angel or Children of the Night for her.
Let's see, the earliest movie I saw Karen Black in...I didn't notice her at the time, but it was "You're a big boy now" which featured the wonderful Elizabeth Hartman.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:10 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
I watch Trilogy of Terror just for Karen Black, since she's my celebrity crush. I will even watch junk like Night Angel or Children of the Night for her.
Let's see, the earliest movie I saw Karen Black in...I didn't notice her at the time, but it was "You're a big boy now" which featured the wonderful Elizabeth Hartman.
I quite liked her myself...always quirky. She is very good in 1970's FIVE EASY PIECES.

SUDDEN IMPACT (1983)Fourth entry in the Dirty Harry series is quite violent, but also has some incredibly funny moments-particularly the Elevator scene. For genre fans, look for Nancy Parsons (MOTEL HELL and PORKY'S) and Mara Corday (TARANTULA, THE BLACK SCORPION, THE GIANT CLAW and THE BLACK CASTLE). Also some of the hammiest acting imaginable from Paul Drake and Audrie J Neenan who sets the film's events in motion and later was a Judge in LAW AND ORDER SVU. ***1/2
Old 08-11-2018, 05:11 AM
病気の

Nail Gun Massacre, 1985. 6/10

Death Spa, 1989. 6/10

Intruder, 1989. 7,5/10

Old 08-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Living Dead

The Lift

I watched The Lift. Near as I could tell it was a Dutch movie. Dubbed in English, though. About a killer elevator.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:30 AM
Evil Dead

HEAVY METAL (1981). The animation looks dated and some of the stories don't quite make it, but still an entertaining albeit juvenile effort. Decent soundtrack as well. ***
Old 08-14-2018, 09:24 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
HEAVY METAL (1981). The animation looks dated and some of the stories don't quite make it, but still an entertaining albeit juvenile effort. Decent soundtrack as well. ***
Well said. yeah, it was a mixed bag. Really the "Captain Sternn" segment was the only exceptional one. I read Eugene Levy was the voice for Captain Lincoln F. Sternn, which my ears find very hard to believe.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:41 AM
This is a test

SWAMP THING 1982

Rewatched this little Beauty and the Beast meets the Bayou themed movie. Lovable.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:52 AM
Evil Dead

Is that the one with Louis Jourdan? Once upon a time he played good guys, then he switched to playing good guys.

Speaking of Russ Meyer, my sister's favorite quotation from that movie is:

"We don't try things, we just do them!"

The cable stations seemed to be showing nothing but horror movies, and I joked "Even the SyFy channel is getting into the act, with A Giant Killer Shark for Christmas."

Then, this showed up in the listings:

The twelve disasters of Christmas.

I suppose having nuns wear makeup in a horror movie is no worse then women in movies who are completely made up before getting out of bed in the morning.

I meant to type "bad guys" , instead of good guys, in that Louis Jourdan post. Obviously.

And when I typed that the cable was showing nothing but horror movies, I meant Christmas movies. Either I have finger trouble or mind trouble.

Last edited by Bloof; 08-15-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:48 AM
This is a test

"Is that the one with Louis Jourdan? Once upon a time he played good guys, then he switched to playing good guys."

It is!
Old 08-17-2018, 09:26 AM
Evil Dead

Another Louis Jourdan horror movie plus more

Thank goodness for imdb.com. I remember seeing this movie on tv, but I couldn't remember the title: Fear No Evil. Lynda Day George plays a woman who is haunted by a kind of vampiric demon, who gets to her via her husband's recent death and a kind of magic mirror. Jourdan is the supernatural expert who saves the day.

Thinking of experts on the supernatural in movies, I thought of a movie called Daughter of the Mind, which is refreshing because it takes the skeptical attitude towards ghosts and stuff. I remember that John Carradine plays the proprietor of a sort of museum of fraudulent mediums. He encourages the hero to persist with his investigation. "Wherever there's a spook, there's an operator." I think he meant that whenever there's a ghostly manifestation that's actually visible, there is some fraudulent guy producing it.