Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-02-2009, 09:06 PM
For Vendetta

Halloween 3 will be 3D!

Horror fans can expect a third installment of Halloween next summer, with the The L.A. Times reporting that a 3-D sequel is in the works.

Producer Bob Weinstein also announced that Rob Zombie, who directed the first two installments of the rebooted franchise, will not return for part three -- entitled (appropriately enough) Halloween 3-D.

The studio is apparently in negotiation with an as-yet-unnamed director who has experience in horror and can bring a "different take" to the franchise.

Halloween II was released in the U.S. on Friday, but was beaten in the weekend box office battle by fellow frightener The Final Destination.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Okay, so Michael was pretty indestructable in the originals, but if they're bringing him back from what he went through in the last two, it's pretty ri-god damned-diculous.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 09-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
good god. give it a rest, rob. is he planning on remaking the whole series?:rolleyes:

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 09-04-2009, 05:53 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
good god. give it a rest, rob. is he planning on remaking the whole series?:rolleyes:
Might want to give the second paragraph another look there...it's not Rob we should be rolling our eyes at. He's taking the smart route here.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
I hope Steve Miner doesn't direct as the rumor suggests.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:46 AM
For Vendetta

Dimension Films' massively inevitable Halloween 3D now has a writer and director, in the form of Patrick Lussier.

Rob Zombie is making The Blob next, and probably wasn't interested anyway.

Halloween 2, which still doesn't have a UK release date, was roundly trounced by The Final Destination at the box office, but that hasn't stopped the Weinsteins putting the next instalment on a fast track for a 2010 release.

Some reports last week put Steve Miner (Friday the 13th parts 2 and 3, Halloween H20) behind the camera, but that always seemed spurious.

Lussier makes more sense, having been working with Dimension in one capacity or another forever, editing the Scream series and directing the DTV Dracula films. Most recently he was behind My Bloody Valentine, so he has the 3D skills to pay the bills.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
The only word that came to mind was "Blehk..." and it isn't even a word!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
I Am Violence

After watching halloween 2 I really dont see Michael as the antagonist. If you have seen H2 then you will know full well what I'm talking about
Old 09-20-2009, 10:32 AM
For Vendetta

Patrick Lussier has officially confirmed that he has signed the dotted line to direct HALLOWEEN 3D for Dimension Films.

He'll be heading to Haddonfield with Todd Farmer, who will be penning the screenplay.

The duo previously worked together on MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D for Lionsgate, making them perfect candidates to bring Michael Myers to theaters in 3D.

Shooting is scheduled for this fall.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Hrmm. From the way this looks, I definitely won't see this. Unless something changes and it looks at least remotely promising. If I want to see an indestructible Michael i'll watch the first 9000 Halloween flicks. The remake and H2 both depicted Myers as HUMAN, and he *spoiler* DIED in part 2. So until further notice, fuck this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real