Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 06-10-2008, 02:11 AM
Evil Dead

Sequel is in talks.

I thought it started off strong, and dropped in the third act. I loved the character development, the mystery and the intrigue, and how nothing was 100% explained. Just seeing them lurk in the background, while the character was so unaware, had my nerves going. Too bad it didn't stay strong til the end.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to La Chat Noire
First off, let me say that "The Strangers" is one of the scariest movies I've seen in a long time, because instead of focusing on gore they used more interesting suspense elements. In terms of how realistic it is, my guess would be that two bodies were found in a summer house execution style. But the whole mental torture and masks element is most likely all Hollywood because unless the killers were caught there would be no way to know about the events that transpired that night since the victims are dead.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:23 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshaube View Post
Sequel is in talks.

I thought it started off strong, and dropped in the third act. I loved the character development, the mystery and the intrigue, and how nothing was 100% explained. Just seeing them lurk in the background, while the character was so unaware, had my nerves going. Too bad it didn't stay strong til the end.
Where the HELL have you been?! I feel as though you've dropped off the face of HDC. COME BACK!

Anyway.

I agree - I thought that it started out strong, but there were far too many scenes where the killers were obviously building the scene for the AUDIENCE, not for the victims; it's hard to explain exactly what I mean. You describe it as "building tension," but I thought that it was drawn out and more unbelievable than suspenseful at times.

Honestly, watching movies like Ils and Inside raised the bar for me for home invasion films... I was hoping that Strangers would be up to that level... But alas.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!

Last edited by ChronoGrl; 06-29-2008 at 04:25 PM.