Old 07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Bronson

"American Psycho" quotes...

One of my favorites, let's see how many we can come up with. I'll start off with a couple:

"And Paul Allen. I killed Paul Allen with an axe in the face, his body is dissolving in a bathtub in Hell's Kitchen. I don't want to leave anything out here."

"'Oh Africa Brave Africa'. It was a laugh riot."

"I have to return some videotapes."

"There is a moment of sheer panic when I realize that Paul's apartment overlooks the park... and is obviously more expensive than mine. "

"Oh my God, is that a water mark?"

Ok, I can go on for days, who's up next?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:02 PM
HDC's old chick

I'm confused :confused:
Old 07-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Evil Dead

I can't think of any actual quotes without looking them up on the internet, but "I have to return some video tapes" is hilarious and the most memorable one to me.

I also love how he goes into detail about bubblegum pop music as if Huey Lewis is Ludwig van Beethoven, and how Genesis wasn't very good until Invisible Touch.

Some of the misogynistic stuff that his friends say sitting around the bar is satirically funny, reminding me of, and predating, Mad Men (although satirizing a different era).
Old 07-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Bronson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I also love how he goes into detail about bubblegum pop music as if Huey Lewis is Ludwig van Beethoven, and how Genesis wasn't very good until Invisible Touch.
Here's some of Patrick's memorable music quotes:

"Do you like Phil Collins?"

"Huey's early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own!"

"In '87, Huey released this...Fore! Their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself."

"Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply Whitney Houston had 4 number one singles on it? Did you know that, Christie? "

...I can go all day with this stuff, I love that movie. Read the book too, which is way, way more disturbing and violent. I had to put it down several times cause it gets too intense. Interesting things about the book that don't appear in the movie:

1) Patrick Bateman has a brother, who is also a serial killer and they hate each other. Ironically, Patrick's brother can always get a table at "Dorcia" the mecca restaurant that Patrick is always trying to get into the movie but can't get a reservation. There's a scene in the book where Patrick meets his brother for dinner there and it's hilarious! I just picture how Christian Bale would have played out that scene and it would have been brilliant!

2) Tom Crusie lives in Patrick's building in the book and he runs into him one day on the elevator. And Patrick swoons and gets all dorky in front of Tom Cruise praising him for his work, and tells him how much he loved Tom in the movie "Bartender"...Tom pauses, looks at Patrick and say's "It was titled Cocktail actually", Patrick is utterly crushed by his error.

Kind of funny how Christian Bale was cast as Patrick and does resemble a younger version of Tom Cruise in the film. Also at one point Leo Dicaprio was slated to play Patrick with Oliver Stone directing and they actually had a table read. But Leo's publicity team pulled him from the project. It was only 4 years after "Titanic" and his major demographic was still young girls 13-25 and they felt it would have ruined his image. Would have been interesting to see though. Think Leo would make a good serial killer type today/Antagonist such as in Django.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Little Boo

“There’s no use in denying it: this has been a bad week. I’ve started drinking my own urine.” :confused:

“All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit but look great.”

hahaha best character from film or literature
Old 07-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Bronson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChroniclesoftheDead View Post
“There’s no use in denying it: this has been a bad week. I’ve started drinking my own urine.” :confused:

“All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit but look great.”

hahaha best character from film or literature
Nice! Those are from the book right? I pretty sure they're not in the film, but sound familiar.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Little Boo

Old 07-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Bronson

"I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane? "

"I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I've thought about that. You can have 'em. "
Old 07-29-2013, 04:41 PM
Bronson

Now what the hell is this about!!! I'm not against re-makes, but seriously 13 years after the original??? If it were a TV Show, fine, ok, but I think it's an actual film. Must Boycott...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2136729
Old 07-31-2013, 08:45 PM
Hellraiser

"I'm into murders and executions mostly."
"Do you like it?"
"Well, it depends. Why?"
"Well, most guys I know who are in mergers and acquisitions really don't like it."

I love this movie.

Tags
american psycho, patrick bateman, quotes