Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
halloween remake

they may be remaking the greatest horrror film ever made john carpenter's halloween and they are offering alot of money to john carpenter to direct

yay or nay?
Old 11-03-2003, 04:35 PM
does anybody read this?

i'm personally torn. i wouldn't mind a remake as long as they did it right and didn't fuck with the storyline to much like they did in the new texas chainsaw massacre. maybe they should only make the death scenes more elaborate and bloody since in the original theres practically no blood at all. but it will only work if you get john carpenter and debra hill to work on the film together. and it wouldn't hurt if john wrote it himself
Old 11-03-2003, 04:38 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
They've already said that this was a rumor. Akkad said Halloween 9 is a go, but no remake or Helloween.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:13 PM
Evil Dead

No remake. Please. And no Helloween either. I couldn't picture any other actress playing Laurie.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:05 AM
Evil Dead

NO WAY!!!! I've seen every Halloween movie tons of times, but I'd never watch a remake. I'd probably throw up just seeing the previews of it on TV. That would be like some band like Sum41 covering Stairway to Heaven or Freebird. :eek: :(
Old 11-06-2003, 02:27 AM
The Dork Knight

THEY CAN'T MAKE A REMAKE OF HALLOWEEN AND I'LL TELL YOU WHY.

ONE SIMPLE REASON-IT CAN'T BE MADE ANY BETTER SO IF ANYBODY DOES TRY TO REMAKE IT THERE'S NO WAY I REPEAT NO WAY IT'LL EVER BE AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL. EVEN IF THEY GOT CARPENTER IT WOULD MAKE NO DIFFERENCE CAUSE LIKE I SAID IT CAN'T BE MADE ANY BETTER THAN IT ALREADY IS SO NO MATTER WHO THEY GET THEY CAN'T DO ANY BETTER SO WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF TRYING JUST LEAVE IT ALONE BEFORE THEY GO AND FUCK UP WHAT IS THE BEST HORROR FILM EVER MADE.
JUST LIKE THE REMAKE TO THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE I'LL ADMIT I LIKE THE MOVIE ALOT ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LIKE THE ORIGINAL BUT THAT DOES'NT TAKE AWAY FROM THE FACT THAT THEY FUCKED UP THE WHOLE STORY LINE AND COMPLETELY REDID THE WHOLE THING I MEAN THEY BASICLY JUST SAID FUCK THE CLASSIC WE'RE GOING TO DO WHAT THE HELL WE WANT TO DO AND TRY TO MAKE IT BETTER AND GET A NAME FOR OURSELVES. SO AS FAR AS REMAKING THE BEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN AND THE FLAT OUT HANDS DOWN BEST HORROR MOVIE EVER MADE ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS....
Old 11-06-2003, 02:30 AM
The Dork Knight

HELL NO
Old 11-06-2003, 05:26 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
Hrmm... someone's cellphone just went off and it was the Halloween theme...

I'd go see a Halloween remake if it is done right... I think they kind of screwed up Myers in H20... The mask looks stupid on him... Especially because you can see his eyes and they look all sad and soft and blah blah blah at the end... Bring back the original Captain James T. Kirk mask and light it so that you don't see his damn eyes!

*FADE OUT*
Old 11-06-2003, 05:30 AM
Listen 2 Buckethead!

remake , halloween 9, helloween ( even though its not happening) i'd go c any of them because i love the halloween series and myers scares me a little
Old 11-06-2003, 07:42 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Vega Demon Lord
Unhappy ...?

WHY GOD!?
i think this is a way of killing us. if they ever do remake that movie...it should be in at least 10 years. why don't they just go remake phantasm...it needs it.