Old 12-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Everyone is a bum.

I think Romero's inclination to put political subtext into him films is pretty blatant. I think he wanted to make a scary picture, but by adding some social context, there was more to linger in the viewer's mind afterward. I think his most common and best loved theme is the inability for people to co-operate and communicate. maybe he's postulating that the only way humans could ever co-exist peacefully is if they were chiseled down to a common objective (in this case, living flesh). i don't think he means to SAY anything, he's just showing the situations that arise in the social arena.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally posted by ADOM
I remember thinking, "What kind of nut doesn't call out? He's gonna get himself shot."
I don't remember him calling out at all.
yeah, he didnt call out to anyone. he woke up the next morning, walked up the stairs, opened the cellar door and there were no zombies. he walked around the house for a second and looked out thw window where it showed a group of locals with rifles looking to kill zombies, they shot him on sight, without calling to him, and without the guy calling out to the them. i think they killed him because they thought he was a zombie, not because he was black.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:15 AM
Evil Dead

dead

i have the original night of the living dead, its black n white. i havent watched all of it yet . what i have seen of it looks ok
Old 05-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Evil Dead

great classic zombie movie, I love all romero stuff, I know he tries to put political stuff in his movies & thats fine with me, I can see the political stuff but it doesn't bother me, I don't get bothered with it, if he wants to try putting little political stuff in thats fine, when It comes down to it the general idea an story behind the movie is great an the characters are all great so thats all that matters to me!

http://www.facebook.com/ArtofTypH
http://www.art-of-typh.blogspot.com/