Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-06-2007, 12:23 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Woohoo! Update numero uno was every bit as fun to read as I was hoping it'd be! Man, that sounds like a blast. I'm green with envy. I bet JC has a pretty rad toy collection.

Does he smoke the herbs or haven't you guys gotten to the joint sharing stage yet? I bet he smokes....
Old 03-06-2007, 08:34 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
Woohoo! Update numero uno was every bit as fun to read as I was hoping it'd be! Man, that sounds like a blast. I'm green with envy. I bet JC has a pretty rad toy collection.

Does he smoke the herbs or haven't you guys gotten to the joint sharing stage yet? I bet he smokes....
He made a specific point of saying he doesn't work in the mornings.
But he smokes cigarettes constantly.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 03-29-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:17 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
....Leads one to thing he's a bit of a drinker....
Or maybe he just likes to sleep in. Lord knows if I was a successful director like him I'd never get out of bed before noon, and I almost never drink:p
Old 03-06-2007, 08:19 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Or maybe he just likes to sleep in. Lord knows if I was a successful director like him I'd never get out of bed before noon, and I almost never drink:p
Fair enough. I shall endeavor not to speculate into or allow myself to succumb to rumor. I officially and legally renounce all sinister innuendo and/or slanderous remarks, expressed or implied.

That should keep me clean, right?

Met with him again today.

God I love him. This could turn dark very quickly...

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Fair enough. I shall endeavor not to speculate into or allow myself to succumb to rumor. I officially and legally renounce all sinister innuendo and/or slanderous remarks, expressed or implied.

That should keep me clean, right?

Met with him again today.

God I love him. This could turn dark very quickly...
Oooo so before we see the Damned we could see the real life story of Carpenter's stalker!?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:02 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Oooo so before we see the Damned we could see the real life story of Carpenter's stalker!?
in the immortal words of PJ Soles' Linda Van Der Klok, "totally":D

Francis Bacon
Old 03-16-2007, 01:22 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

So we've been working with Mr XXXXXXX of the last couple of days and it's still a blast. We're becoming friendlier each day. The rest is probably a bore to all of you. Just reading the script aloud and figuring out what works and what doesn't. We're hitting a particularly weak spot in the script, so much tuning will be required. We got to discussing our weekend plans and when I asked him what he was getting up to he says "four words for you...God of War II"

So he's a gamer.

Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 03-29-2007 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Evil Puppy

Sounds like a hell of a movie and you're having quite a time writing it. Good to see somebody who's really having fun with their work still.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:31 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Yeah, I'd go check that film out even if you weren't involved in it. Sounds rad.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

Quote:
The film itself is a loaded with allusions to the Universal classics of James Whale and Todd Browning, the charismatic acting of Hammer Studios’ Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, the GORE-geous glow of the Italian masters Fulci and Argento and the stark, unrelenting terror of the Romero zombie mythos.
Todd Browning was a genius that was underappreciated in his day. That being said, it really sounds like you picked up on all the best themes from the classic horror genre. It looks like it will be really great. :)

This is off-subject, but out of curiousity, where did you learn to write screenplays? Did you go to film school?