Old 04-06-2012, 03:51 PM
That fucking Guy...

The new "Fright Night".
It was "ok", and that's about it.
Nobody in the cast stood out at all, and it's none of their best work.
The storyline was...just crap really...
There was not one moment of tension or scariness about this.
The way the vampire suddenly went on the attack against the whole family seemed forced as though they couldn't give him a better motivation.
Also the "vampire mode" teeth looked REALLY fucking stupid.

...For a remake, at least it was different to the original, but, not in a good way.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned

Green Lantern

it was ok....I like Ryan Reynolds....real affable kind of guy. CGI went from meh to pretty good.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
The new "Fright Night".
The way the vampire suddenly went on the attack against the whole family seemed forced as though they couldn't give him a better motivation.

...For a remake, at least it was different to the original, but, not in a good way.
kinda felt the same way..it was ok but not a remake really.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
The new "Fright Night".

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
kinda felt the same way..it was ok but not a remake really.
That's about how I felt about it too.... The acting was especially cringeworthy.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Evil Dead

Watched Citizen X, an old HBO movie about the investigation and arrest of Andrei Chikatilo. Really well done and one of those movies where you really get pulled in to the frustrations of the protagonist.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Little Boo

Killer Instinct (2001) - slasher with kids locked in an asylum. Meanwhile Corbin Bernsen and Dee Wallace argue about stuff. An okay little movie, nothing especially good or bad about it.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:35 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

TinkerTailorSoldierSpy

Heard great things about this but couldnt seem to get too into it. Although Oldman was very good i think i was expecting more from it, Ill def be giving it another shot though.

Anyone else kinda feel unimpressed with it....
Old 04-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Immortal horror fan

The Broken.

I vaguely remember a similar tale, it might be an Asian superstition. But if you put a mirror in front and in back of you to create a whole bunch of reflections. The seventh or so reflection is a demon version of you. Anyway, this movie kind of explores that premise with the demons escaping. It's similar to an episode of the Twilight Zone that freaked me out when I was young. It had a lady waiting on a bus and a guy chasing his double. However, where The Broken goes wrong is that nothing is resolved. It feels like half of a movie. Or Invasion of the Body Snatchers without a plot. In that Twilight Zone episode the doubles were definitely up to something sinister. In The Broken they are just there. Still, a fairly good movie to watch for the overall mood and its star Lena Headey.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
out of all serial killers he is my fav one.
albert fish is nice too.
Agreed. People like Bundy and Dahmer are weird cases, but FIsh and Chikatilo are in the upper echelon of serial killers. Albert Fish for just being the weirdest fuck ever. That whole thing with the pins in his perineum, the nail studded paddles, and the peanut butter. And Chikatilo while being strange in his own sense, was just so prolithic. Plus the whoel cannibalism thing that they both share. Cannibalism is the most tabboo act one could possibley do. It's just so wrong. Most serial killers are just sociopaths who are apathetic to everything. cannibals are monsters!

Plus being Russian you might have a certain civic pride when it comes to Chikatilo. I know I get a strange sense of pleasure knowing that I'm from the same town as Gary Heidnik, and it's where the first US serial killer was executed.

I also like David Berkowitz. There's a great book called the Ultimate Evil that shows how scary the son of sam murders actually are and ties them in to a satanic cult, charles Manson, Hollywood oroducers and lamont from Sanford and Son.. They tried making a movie about it called Son of Sam, but it was terrible, if not thee worst serial killer movie ever.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

I really don't get the serial killer worship that some people have...I know they always excuse it by saying 'but they ao interesting' etc etc but alot of people just glorify their crimes.

I really can't imagine anyone who has kids saying something like 'albert fish is nice too. ' - Its not the first thing I would say about a guy who rapes little children.