Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Evil Dead

cold fear

i am somewhere in the second half of this game which is thoroughly enjoyable, just like an action heavy resi, does anybody know of any similiar older survival horror games for the ps1 or ps2 as i only joined the gaming revolution in about 2002 and tend to enjoy some of the older simpler games
Old 06-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
it looks ok from the reviews ive read. it only got like a 75%, but it looks like it has some nice exploding heads in it.
yummy.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 06-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Evil Dead

pretty much , imagine a poor mans resi 4
Old 06-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Banned

There was a game on dreamcast called "carrier" that was similar.
On dreamcast also, there was illbleed - both of these games were really scary and fucked up.
On the more action based side - "sword of the beserk", and one called "renegade".
In fact, if you can get a dreamcast in working order (some companies online actually sell them brand new, and boxed still), I'd highly reccomend it. People are ebaying games for next to nothing also...I maintain, in the short life span of this console...one of the finest games libraries I've EVER seen was available.

On PS1?
Deathtrap dungeon, nightmare creatures 1 & 2, clock tower 1 & 2, alone in the dark, alone in the dark: the new nightmare, the resident evil series, parasite eve 1 & 2, oh, and of course the first 2 silent hill games.
And, not really horror related, but quite good all the same was one called "chase the express", dino crisis was "ok" but part 2 was WAY better...
***Just remembered - Evil Dead: Hail to the king...I SO looked foward to this game, but found it to be a huge dissapointment.
Those are all I can think of right now, but there ARE more.

PS2:
Onimusha, res evil outbreak 1 & 2, Silent Hill 3 & 4, Fatal Frame...other than that I'm not too familiar.
***Also just remembered Evil Dead: A fistfull of boomstick, which was much MUCH better than the evil dead game on the ps1.
There was a pretty cool looking disaster survival/govt conspiracy type game also, but I can't remember the name...good luck.

Last edited by ChEEbA; 06-15-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Evil Dead

thanks for your help cheeba, just bought deathtrap dungeon on ebay i will let you know if i like it , already own most of the other ps2 games but will look out the ps1 games. I think i might have to pass on the dreamcast though as i already own three consoles , have no kids yet and work full time, the wife might argue against it, cheers mate and happy gaming