Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Banned

Roku

Wasn't sure the best place to put this thread but I wondered if anyone else here uses the Roku player. I bought one and cancelled my 180 dollar a month cable bill and now only pay for huluplus and netflix, that costs less than 20 bucks a month and I believe I have access to way more movies. The Roku player cost me less than $100 and has no monthly fee, infact there are a ton of free channels to watch as well. I also bought a subscription to a Drive-In classic channel that shows a ton of older horror movies for only 3 dollars a year.

I really dig the Roku and was curious if anyone else here uses it?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:15 AM
Banned

I dug up this old thread to mention that they just added HBO GO to the channel line up. Now I can re-watch all the seasons of my favorite HBO series like True Blood, Carnivale, The Sopranos, The Wire, and tons more! Sadly however they do not have the Tales From The Crypt series available. They also offer a ton of movies although the horror section is a bit thin.

All in all, between Netflix, HBOGO, Hulu, and EPIX I do not regret "cutting the cord" and canceling my cable. Has anyone else here made the leap?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:58 AM
For Vendetta

Thread moved to the General Forum.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Banned

Sorry, my bad.:o What section did I have it in? I didn't notice...
Old 11-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Banned

I noticed today that they added the FlixFling channel to Roku today...It has a ton of great horror movies!

I swear, Roku gets better by the day...If you are thinking about "cutting the cord" just do it! Cancel your cable, buy a Roku box, have a better selection, and save a ton of money!!!!