Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to XtRaVa Send a message via MSN to XtRaVa
I though 28 Days Later was quite poor IMO. The only thing I liked about it is the music they used (In The House - In A Heartbeat) because I like the growing crescendo of that song.

1,2 Michael's coming for you...3,4 Better lock your door...5,6 Grab a crucifix...7,8 Better stay up late...9,10 Never sleep again.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by PR3SSUR3
This is the kind of thing I'm getting at - sure, the irony and analogy in scenes like these is present and correct... but Shaun of the Dead is hardly the bellowing laughter-soaked genius of comedy it's made out to be in some quarters. It's a knowing, self-aware film... and I find such things exceptionally difficult to like (except Airplane!, which is of course eternally brilliant).

I've seen so many (mostly shite) post-apocalyptic films in my time that when 28 Days Later came along, all I could see was the same old survivor-story tarted up with low FPS, flashy editing and CGI. When it came to any real suspense or intrigue, I found the film badly wanting.
I absolutely agree with both points you just made.

'Shaun', for me, was nothing more but a chuckle, and a little boring.

And 28 Days Later just didn't work for me.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Banned

I never looked at Shaun as a bellowing laughter-soaked genius of comedy.....but it sure did make me smile.:)

28 Days Later......meh......take it or leave it.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:33 AM
a bloody mess

Quote:
Originally posted by newb
I never looked at Shaun as a bellowing laughter-soaked genius of comedy.....but it sure did make me smile.:)

28 Days Later......meh......take it or leave it.
that sums it up for me, but i'm only a stupid american :)

on a side note i have a special place in my heart for british humor. growing up i wasn't allowed to watch too much tv. i had parents that wanted me outside playing sports, which was great but its sucks being the only kid not "in the know" w/ tv, video games, etc. when i was allowed to watch tv it was mostly PBS (they refused to get cable). i grew up on: monte python, keeping up appearances, are you being served, fawlty towers, mr. bean, the black adder, etc. definitely an acquired taste, but clever and definitely funny.

1) Candyman
2) American Werewolf In London
3) Evil Dead 2
4) Hellraiser
5) Night Of The Living Dead
6) Jaws
7) Ginger Snaps 2
8) Dead Alive
9) Halloween
10) The Omen

t-pot
Old 08-17-2006, 06:57 AM
Evil Dead

Next British comedy/horror coming soon is "Severence". Obviously a pun on the film "Deliverence" so will probably be along the same lines as that film, but with limbs getting chopped off :D

Not sure when you guys in the US will get it though. I'll write a review or something when its out, its from the same people as Shaun of the Dead. It doesnt look amazing, but could have some good bits.

1,2 Michael's coming for you...3,4 Better lock your door...5,6 Grab a crucifix...7,8 Better stay up late...9,10 Never sleep again.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by XtRaVa
but could have some good bits.

pun intended ?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Evil Dead

lol :P