Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Scares Little Kids

The Descent was pretty good. My friend's dad burned a copy of the british dvd so I have to see the different ending with the one that's being released in theaters tomorrow. The fx are pretty good and the creatures are some of the best in recent creature history. WAY better than the Cave.

Pulse on the other hand...I think it looks ok, but it's been hiped up so long and the date keeps changing that I think it will let everyone down. I saw my first trailer for it on Wolf Creek back in December and I'm tired of hearing about it now.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:43 PM
BH14

If anyone seen the Descent in the US theatre, tell me if you think its worth 10 bucks? I am hearing only good things about this movie, even some critics are enjoying this movie. Lot of movie goers are also giving this movie thumbs up.

Is this movie better than "The Hills Have Eyes" remake?

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 08-06-2006, 02:59 AM
Evil Dead

The Descent and The Cave are very similiar movies.
They both feature cave-dwellers.
They both feature killer creatures.
People die in both.
The difference?
One of the directors can actually make movies.

The Descent is gold. If you're a horror fan and AREN'T going to see it, or haven't already, you're missing out.

PS - What's the other ending? I saw the original UK ending back in '05. Can someone PM me what happens?

SPOILER
Is it just cut down to where she escapes, gets in her car and pukes? In the original this was here, but it turns out to be a dream and she wakes up in the cave, with noises surrounding her, and the camera pans out to credits. Perfect ending IMO.

Mhm, we need spoiler BBcode.

Last edited by joshaube; 08-06-2006 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:36 PM
a bloody mess

Quote:
Originally posted by joshaube
The Descent and The Cave are very similiar movies.
They both feature cave-dwellers.
They both feature killer creatures.
People die in both.
The difference?
One of the directors can actually make movies.

The Descent is gold. If you're a horror fan and AREN'T going to see it, or haven't already, you're missing out.

PS - What's the other ending? I saw the original UK ending back in '05. Can someone PM me what happens?

SPOILER
Is it just cut down to where she escapes, gets in her car and pukes? In the original this was here, but it turns out to be a dream and she wakes up in the cave, with noises surrounding her, and the camera pans out to credits. Perfect ending IMO.

Mhm, we need spoiler BBcode.

i just got back from the descent and it definitely lives up to the hype. now excuse me for a moment while i become a critical bastard. the "oh shit" moments were great, but i think neil used a little too many-by the end they had lost some of their value. also i was a little disappointed w/ the creatures-they just look too human. i think if the creatures were a little more shocking in appearance, it would have made the film even scarier. now, that being said i still loved the movie. i may not have jumped (like everyone else in the theatre), but my heart was in my throat more than once. neil marshall does a great job building up the tension then letting it out like a balloon. he gets your mind away from the creatures just long enough that when they pop up it makes for a great scare. decent back story too. i did not know what was going to happen w/ the main characters and their conflict until, well... it happened. the ending that hollywood added wasn't too bad, but the original sounds much better. all in all this is a very well made horror film that should be seen.

1) Candyman
2) American Werewolf In London
3) Evil Dead 2
4) Hellraiser
5) Night Of The Living Dead
6) Jaws
7) Ginger Snaps 2
8) Dead Alive
9) Halloween
10) The Omen

t-pot
Old 08-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Analrapist

Quote:
Originally posted by tarcher80
i just got back from the descent and it definitely lives up to the hype. now excuse me for a moment while i become a critical bastard. the "oh shit" moments were great, but i think neil used a little too many-by the end they had lost some of their value. also i was a little disappointed w/ the creatures-they just look too human. i think if the creatures were a little more shocking in appearance, it would have made the film even scarier. now, that being said i still loved the movie. i may not have jumped (like everyone else in the theatre), but my heart was in my throat more than once. neil marshall does a great job building up the tension then letting it out like a balloon. he gets your mind away from the creatures just long enough that when they pop up it makes for a great scare. decent back story too. i did not know what was going to happen w/ the main characters and their conflict until, well... it happened. the ending that hollywood added wasn't too bad, but the original sounds much better. all in all this is a very well made horror film that should be seen.

alright... what did they do to the ending ??? someone please tell me.

*** minor spoiler in here ***

the original ending is beautiful. very fitting with the character's journey. for me it couldn't have ended any other way for her. in it's own right, it's a sort of happy ending (brazil, anyone ?). i loved it.

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:07 PM
a bloody mess

Quote:
Originally posted by hellfire1
alright... what did they do to the ending ??? someone please tell me.

*** minor spoiler in here ***

the original ending is beautiful. very fitting with the character's journey. for me it couldn't have ended any other way for her. in it's own right, it's a sort of happy ending (brazil, anyone ?). i loved it.
******the descent uk ending spoiler*******

alright did i miss something??? i thought the original ending was the one that was released in the uk: sarah makes it out of the cave, makes it to the car, speeds off, stops and almost gets hit by the semi. then she wakes up in the cave w/ creature noices all around her in the dark, (or so i'm told) it was just a dream. this is the only other ending i know besides the hollywood ending i saw last night.

1) Candyman
3) Evil Dead 2
4) Hellraiser
6) Jaws
7) Ginger Snaps 2
8) Dead Alive
9) Halloween
10) The Omen

t-pot
Old 08-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Evil Dead

You're missing the question the last few of us have been asking. What did they do to the ending. AKA - What is the US ending? AKA2 - How does it end in the US version? AKA3 - How did it change from the original?

I'd really like to know...
Old 08-07-2006, 07:52 PM
a bloody mess

Quote:
Originally posted by joshaube
You're missing the question the last few of us have been asking. What did they do to the ending. AKA - What is the US ending? AKA2 - How does it end in the US version? AKA3 - How did it change from the original?

I'd really like to know...
sorry, i'm a moron. the us ending goes like this: sarah makes it to the surface, runs down the mountain, jumps in the car and speeds off, pulls over on the side of the road when she's in the clear, almost gets hit by the semi, throws up, then turns back to see juno's dead body or ghost (whatever) in the passenger seat, cut to the photo of the women b/f the expedition, roll credits over photo. i guess hollywood wanted to squeeze in one more scare... it wasn't bad and it did make you jump, but the orginal ending sounds like a much better fit. does that answer your question?

1) Candyman
3) Evil Dead 2
4) Hellraiser
6) Jaws
7) Ginger Snaps 2
8) Dead Alive
9) Halloween
10) The Omen

t-pot
Old 08-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Analrapist

Quote:
Originally posted by tarcher80
sorry, i'm a moron. the us ending goes like this: sarah makes it to the surface, runs down the mountain, jumps in the car and speeds off, pulls over on the side of the road when she's in the clear, almost gets hit by the semi, throws up, then turns back to see juno's dead body or ghost (whatever) in the passenger seat, cut to the photo of the women b/f the expedition, roll credits over photo. i guess hollywood wanted to squeeze in one more scare... it wasn't bad and it did make you jump, but the orginal ending sounds like a much better fit. does that answer your question?

oh well that sucks. not in all in keeping with the film, or this character in particular. a nice cookie cutter ending, all neatly wrapped up.

i am happy though that for once we get something before you guys, and a better version of it. :D

thanks, btw.

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Evil Dead

Hehe, thanks. :)

That ending doesn't sound TOO bad, but I prefer the original.