Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-31-2005, 08:19 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Human Liver And Kidney Found On Sidewalk

New Haven Police Find Liver And Kidney On Sidewalk

Police Believe Organs Human

New Haven, Connecticut -- Police found a bizarre sight on a sidewalk in New Haven Wednesday night.

Police said they found what appeared to be a human liver and kidney. The two organs were not in any kind of container, and so far, police don't know where they came from and how they ended up on the street.

When the discovery was made, all eyes automatically looked at Yale-New Haven, but police said they do not believe that they are to blame, though they don't yet know who is.

NBC 30 Connecticut News reported that someone, presumably with a medical background, called police to report that there were organs on the sidewalk of the South Frontage Road in New haven, which is just a half-block down from the hospital.

New Haven police called the Yale University Office of Environmental Health and Safety, and then the office of the Chief Medical Examiner. Authorities eventually picked up the two organs and put them in evidence bags. Police said they believe the organs are human, though that has yet to be confirmed.

A Yale-New Haven hospital representative said that the hospital has not misplaced any organs, and hasn't had any patients present without their own organs intact.

The spot is about equidistant from the hospital and the Yale University Medical School, which may be a key in the case. Around the corner on College Street, the Hope Building houses the anatomy laboratory for the School of Medicine and investigators are considering that may be where the organs were headed.

Authorities said any liver or kidney intended for transplant would be tightly sealed in a cooler.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be