Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
Hi Return Gigan is in Godzilla Final Wars and Toho did not want Ghidora in GFW but the new monster MonsterX he and Godzilla go at and near the end MonsterX turnsinto or becomes KaiserGhidora I think KaiserGhidora is nothing more than an updated DeathGhidora. DeathGhidora was in the 1996 movie Mothra vs. DeathGhidora. Deathghidora looks like Ghidora except that deathGhidora has 4 legs. KingGhidora has 2. Anyway KaiserGhidora who also has 4 legs just looks like an updated version of DeathGhidora. You wil be pleased to know Gigan looks awesome in Godzilla Final Wars and he no longer has those hook arms in this movie they are more like blades. The movie itself is doing very bad at the boxoffice in Japan and thats probley due to the director. That being said there probley wont be a release of GFW here in the USA but just a DVD.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:49 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
Hi Return Gigan is in Godzilla Final Wars and Toho did not want Ghidora in GFW but the new monster MonsterX he and Godzilla go at and near the end MonsterX turnsinto or becomes KaiserGhidora I think KaiserGhidora is nothing more than an updated DeathGhidora. DeathGhidora was in the 1996 movie Mothra vs. DeathGhidora. Deathghidora looks like Ghidora except that deathGhidora has 4 legs. KingGhidora has 2. Anyway KaiserGhidora who also has 4 legs just looks like an updated version of DeathGhidora. You wil be pleased to know Gigan looks awesome in Godzilla Final Wars and he no longer has those hook arms in this movie they are more like blades. The movie itself is doing very bad at the boxoffice in Japan and thats probley due to the director. That being said there probley wont be a release of GFW here in the USA but just a DVD.
Just so long as theres a release of some kind, Im happy. Wouldnt see it in theatres anyway.

I just re-read your post, guess I missed Gigan. Thats awesome that he's gonna look better, same vwith Ghidoa...Cant wait! Blockbuser has a few of the recent ones [Not sure which]...Ill have to take a look!
Old 01-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Evil Dead

Hi Return Blockbuster should have all the Godzilla movies made from 1984-2003 either on video or dvd. The 1984 movie is titled Godzilla 1985 the Ledgend Reborn then the 1989 movie is Godzilla vs. Biollante in 1991 Godzilla vs. KingGhidora in 1992 Godzilla vs. Mothra the USA title might be Godzilla battle for the planet Earth. Then Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla 1993 USA title Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla 2 then Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla 1994 Godzilla vs. Destroyer or USA title Godzilla vs. Destroyah 1995 then 1999 Godzilla2000 Millennium USA title Godzilla2000 Godzilla vs. Megagirus then Godzilla Mothra KingGhidora Giant monsters all out attack then Godzilla x MechaGodzilla USA title Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla then Godzilla x Mothra x MechaGodzilla SOS USA title Godzilla against Mothra agianst MechaGodzilla SOS these movies you can get on DVD and VHS at Blockbuster or Suncoast video. Godzilla Final Wars is not yet out on DVD in Japan or here in the USA. If I were you I would get the original Jap versions of the movies that are subtitled in english those movies are uncut and dot have deleted scenes like the USA dubbed versions. Video Daikaiju has the originals
[email protected] e-mail them ask for a catalog they have bothVHS and DVD formats
Old 01-27-2005, 12:35 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
The blockbuster 'round here isnt that great...they have Godzilla 2000, fakezilla, and 3 others, Im not sure what ones
Old 01-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Evil Dead

I once went to Blockbluster with a list of Godzilla movies and they went and orderd them so I could see them. Of course now I dont rent I buy them but not from blockbuster.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Fulci Lives!

Send a message via AIM to MrShape Send a message via MSN to MrShape Send a message via Yahoo to MrShape
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
The blockbuster 'round here isnt that great...they have Godzilla 2000, fakezilla, and 3 others, Im not sure what ones
There aren't any great cocksucker video . . .er . . . I mean Blockbuster videos. You'd have better luck at a smaller store, those usually carry a better selection.

And Gojira's right, VideoDaikaiju rules. Losta great stuff those guys have.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Evil Dead

If your set on renting a Godzilla movie and Cockbuster er I mean Blockbuster does not have what you want try Hollywood video. But if you want to buy yeah go with Video Daikaiju here is their mailing address
VideoDaiKaiju
P.O. Box 185
Succasunna NJ o7876
E-Mail [email protected]
Old 02-03-2005, 10:21 AM
Fulci Lives!

Send a message via AIM to MrShape Send a message via MSN to MrShape Send a message via Yahoo to MrShape
We'll have to wait until summer sometime for their subbed version of FW. Can't wait, sounds like it'll be like Destroy All Monsters all over again , (a personal favorite). It's also good to see Rodan again. The R Man kicks ass.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Evil Dead

Mr. Shape as I understand it Godzilla Final Wars is a movie that has alot of unmade Toho Godzilla movies in it. Such as those who wished Godzilla vs. Fakezilla98 movie would be made. Well in GFW you see the 2 monsters fight each other in Australia. Also the idea of Toho remaking the movie Atragon well instead of remaking it you see Atragon and Manda in Godzilla Final Wars. Also many fans have wished that the movie Destroy All Monsters would be remade again GFW has monsters fighting all over the world and yes Aliens ar invloved. Another unmade movie is a Godzilla vs. Bagan with the new monster X you get a sense that Toho is kind of going along with the Bagan concept but instead of Bagan its Monster X. Then you have the whole new Mutant x concept kind of like X-men in a Godzilla movie. Well thats GFW just one thing the director made the movie in the style of 70s Godzilla movies many Godzilla fans say the movie sucks. IMO they should have hired another director not a wet behind the ears rookie.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Living Dead

Godzilla: Final Wars

Godzilla: Final Wars

This had its world premier here in California (even the Japanese haven't see this one yet) This one ROCKS!

I'm not even a Godzilla fan, but this one has everything. Every monster and alien invaders too.

There is even a monster based on the US CGI Godzilla (the New York one from the creators of ID4), of course the real Godzilla kicks his butt.

Excellent story and effects from Japan

---------------------

Ryuhei Kitamura, the prolific cult director behind Versus, Alive, Azumi (and others), turns his hyper-kinetic style to Japan’s biggest export, and re-invents the big green guy for his 50th anniversary. When he visited IndieFest in 2004 to present Aragami, he announced this project - and we are delighted to bring it to San Francisco.

When Kitamura began Godzilla: Final Wars (the 28th in the series) he wanted to make a film that would both pay tribute to, and stand out from, it’s predecessors. Breathlessly paced and jam-packed with aliens, future-tech, and classic monsters (like Rodan, Mothra, the Smog Monster, Gigan and more), Kitamura has lived up to his promise to deliver “a roller coaster ride.” Have another beer, strap yourself in and brace yourself for global destruction - Kaiju style. This is reputed to be the last in the series (but only time will tell).

http://holehead.org/films/godzilla.htm

Captain Jean Luc Picard
Star Trek - The Next Generation
"The Drumhead" - Episode No: 195