Old 06-20-2020, 05:29 PM
Evil Dead

Arrow Fear Division

This is a graphic spook-tale about a modern political guerrilla who must confront a real dark force of merciless fury which he calls Fear Division. This political thriller was inspired by the politics-literacy film "Red Corner" (Richard Gere)! I write this short-story to ask the question, "Can political writing feel like social diction?"

DISCLAIMER: I have no personal ties or affiliations with any Irish political group in Northern Ireland and am only offering a dark tale about generalized political dial-tones regarding basic modern crises.

====

Isaac Satan was a skilled sentinel of the CIA before joining P-IRA (Provisional Irish Republican Army). He was given the field-alias 'Green Shadow' (GS) and trained to be an excellent munitions expert, resource network consultant, and combat commander coordinating guerrilla strikes on British military targets and police barracks and stations in a Northern Ireland beset by deep Protestant-Catholic divisions created by socioeconomic disparity and unemployment issues neglected by Parliament. Isaac ('Green Shadow') worked to create media pressure on Sinn Fein to urge Parliament to addresss Protestant-Catholic fears and not ignore the U.K. problem in preference for Israel-Palestine petroleum politics.

Isaac was Algerian by ethnicity and became a US citizen after leaving his homeland to study and was admitted into the prestigious Ivy League school Dartmouth College before being recruited by the CIA. He was posted as an intelligence agent in Belfast (Northern Ireland) and became known as a sharp-shooter and computer expert. He was disillusioned when he learned of how standard IRA guerrillas were criminalized when being categorized alongside radical IRA who were targeting not only British military and police but also civilians. Isaac ('Green Shadow') opted to do ghost-work as a P-IRA (Provisional Irish Republican Army) sentinel and detangling obstacles to unity with Sinn Fein, the legal and political nonviolent 'wing' of the IRA.

Isaac Satan ('Green Shadow') became reputed in the IRA underground as a savvy and dashing man of action and intelligence coordinator. He was very handsome and was dating the IRA daughter Shelbye Collins and quickly became a world-resource underground celebrity to the IRA and became fast friends with Gerry Adams, leader of Sinn Fein. As a man of feathers, Isaac Satan ('Green Shadow') was sought after as an extraordinary sentinel in the modern movement to see Irish Catholics and British Protestants become natural equal citizens of the U.K., enjoying equal lifestyle amenities in Northern Ireland. His friends began calling him the 'Lucky Leprechaun' of new age guerrilla priorities.

Isaac's life now took a turn towards real horror. You see, in Belfast, a maniacal large invisible gang called the Hayride formed with the express intention to destroy Green Shadow. This gang was led by a self-proclaimed Apocalyptic prophet named Jester who wanted to burn Green Shadow (Isaac Satan) as the scapegoat enemy of Northern Ireland home-rule. Jester and the Hayride gang planted false stories in the underground Irish free press about Green Shadow having dubious loyalties to the Irish troubles given his Algerian foreign background. Jester and the Hayride gang went on lynching parties to seek out Green Shadow (Isaac Satan) and tear him limb-from-limb before burning him alive. Jester told his gang they were the true 'scarecrows' of Irish destiny.

Jester and the Hayride tracked Green Shadow to a barn hideout outside Belfast (Northern Ireland) with the help of a treacherous informant in the IRA. They sprayed the 5 P-IRA (Provisional Irish Republican Army) men hiding in that barn one October night before chasing the horrified Isaac Satan into the cornfield behind the barn. Green Shadow (Isaac Satan) now found himself running through that terrifying cornfield like a wild animal, desperately seeking to escape the horrible fate awaiting him should Jester and the Hayride gang manage to catch him and torture him before burning him alive. Isaac was an incredibly fast runner and sharp-shooter and used his dodging skills and pistol to evade and shoot 7 of the Hayride gang chasing him through that cornfield before Jester admitted defeat and pleaded to the clever Isaac to just stand and debate with him.

JESTER: Isaac, you've killed 7/10 of the Hayride men I brought tonight!
ISAAC: What the hell do you want, Jester?
JESTER: I know you can aim and gun down my 3 remaining Hayride men.
ISAAC: So?
JESTER: So, I want you to just debate with me, Green Shadow!
ISAAC: About what exactly?
JESTER: Just convince me you're faithful to our native Irish cause.
ISAAC: I've always sought to serve the real Iris Republican Army.
JESTER: Yet, you've never known the sadness of Irish misfortune.
ISAAC: Jester, you're a hellbent maniac who'll destroy our initiative!
JESTER: Mustn't we root out the purists from the rabble in Belfast?
ISAAC: I'm from Algeria/America, but I feel deeply for the Irish!
JESTER: How can a foreigner understand Irish pain and sadness?
ISAAC: Jester, what you've created is a nasty 'Fear Division' of lynching!
JESTER: Fear Division?
ISAAC: Yes, you've rattled the feeling that anyone can fight for the Irish.
JESTER: Are you concerned because we're scarecrows for Irish folk?
ISAAC: I'm sure you have honest worries, but you're splintering a war.
JESTER: Isn't the nature of war to create holy intrigue, Green Shadow?
ISAAC: Let me depart your company, and we'll both serve folk history.
JESTER: How exactly?
ISAAC: I'll continue as a masked angel, and you can rant about panic!
JESTER: Sinn Fein will label my gang as crude witch-hunters!
ISAAC: No, I'll tell them you're a nativist with natural paranoia.
JESTER: Why would you do that for me, Isaac?
ISAAC: There's no room for doubt in this inter-religious struggle.
JESTER: Impressive; alright, you may walk your path but don't violate me!
ISAAC: Keep your masked fury...so I may keep mine.
JESTER: If I see a comic book depicting me as the Devil, I'll hunt you.
ISAAC: You have my word, Jester; find solace in the Occult pulpit.
JESTER: Perhaps then the Irish truly do have an 'angel investor' in you!
ISAAC: Cool; depart from me...and find your private brimstone.
JESTER: There's really no telling where you might find real smoke.

====
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0578.jpg (17.1 KB, 0 views)