Old 08-29-2016, 05:48 AM
Undead

The Traffickers (2012) 7/10
Thumb resize.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:14 AM
Evil Dead

Recently I re-watched Battle Royale.

It's still an awesome movie. One of the films that initially got me hooked on Asian cinema. I'm currently editing a video review of it for my YouTube channel.

If you haven't seen Battle Royale, I highly recommend it.

Avoid Battle Royale 2: Requiem... That movie kinda sucks!
Old 09-08-2016, 12:36 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdetective View Post
Recently I re-watched Battle Royale.

It's still an awesome movie. One of the films that initially got me hooked on Asian cinema. I'm currently editing a video review of it for my YouTube channel.

If you haven't seen Battle Royale, I highly recommend it.

Avoid Battle Royale 2: Requiem... That movie kinda sucks!
Totally agree. The first film is one of the best movies I've ever seen. The second part is...meh. Still can't forget how one of my friends suggested me to watch Hunger Games... "It's very similar movies! If you liked Battle Royale, you will definitely like HG!"... What a cruel joke it was...
Old 09-08-2016, 07:15 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
Totally agree. The first film is one of the best movies I've ever seen. The second part is...meh. Still can't forget how one of my friends suggested me to watch Hunger Games... "It's very similar movies! If you liked Battle Royale, you will definitely like HG!"... What a cruel joke it was...
I actually really like The Hunger Games movies but the comparisons some people make to Battle Royale needs to stop.
The two films share only one similarity and in tone, story and theme they are completely different.
Battle Royale is obviously the better of the two anyway.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:14 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdetective View Post
I actually really like The Hunger Games movies but the comparisons some people make to Battle Royale needs to stop.
The two films share only one similarity and in tone, story and theme they are completely different.
Battle Royale is obviously the better of the two anyway.
The Hunger Games movies weren't very bad(well, first two films), but this comparison... uhh. But maybe the upcoming remake will change the situation.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:54 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Goksung aka The Wailing (2016)

From the director of THE CHASER (2008), this is a fascinating exploration on Good Vs Evil or the never ending duel between Devil & God that fuels through exploitation of human faith & disbelief. Set in a rural Korean village, Goksung where a strange series of horrifying sickness begins to haunt in an epidemic manner from one household to another and every time that ends up with people killing each other (family or neighbors) gruesomely. An ordinary policeman is drawn into the mystery and is forced to solve it when his daughter starts to show the signs of the sickness. Now he must figure out who to trust and who to avoid in order to save her little girl.
The film takes it time for the build up and all through the end it demands your attention or careful viewing; cause this is one hell of a twisted movie with religious undertone & a baffling ending! The most twisted or confusing part is though the film time to time provides different & clear clues or hints for explanation to the mystery but when you see them trying to dismiss each other at the end then you'll find yourselves in a kind of a baffling scenario about who the actual "Bad Guy(s)" here...!?!
Glad there's a youtube video (about The Wailing movie summary & explanation) provided by an English language Korean channel where they nicely explains it for you and states that it was all intentional by the director as he wanted the audience to view the film on its lead character's (the policeman) perspective and to go through the same experience of confusion & mystery as he went through till the end.

Still, found it quite an interesting & great film overall that definitely worth a watch for Korean horror/thriller lovers.

>>: A-

Last edited by roshiq; 09-10-2016 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:24 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Train to Busan (2016)

>>: B+
Old 09-21-2016, 06:03 AM
Fear the Goathammer

Ringu Zero

Don't think I need to explain this one as most know it.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:21 AM
Fear the Goathammer

Suicide Club (2001)

Thumb resize.

Was actually quite impressed by this movie, I thought it to be dumb and straightforward but it's rather complex and some things I didn't even quite understand.

Under the Sign of Hell
The Cult of Goat was born
The Horns of Darkness Impure
Materialized in form of Coven

Last edited by Goathead; 09-24-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:30 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Yellow Sea (2010)

>>: B+