Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Wanna Join?

THE CLOCK STRIKES TWELVE, tales of ghosts and the macabre by H. Russell Wakefield. What makes this so special is that for a measley buck fifty (Goodwill had a 50% off sale today) I snagged the 1946 Arkham hardback with a creepy dust jacket by Ronald Clyne. Put a sheen on my Black Friday outing. (I'd post the cover but my printer pooped out.)

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 12-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Wanna Join?

THE PATHFINDER by James Fenimore Cooper
THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF HISTORICAL DETECTIVES edited by Mike Ashley
Fifty cents each at the library book sale.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 12-08-2012, 02:53 AM
Cupcake Pyro

My Zombie Dog (Zane and Kev versus Everything), by Charmaine Clancy. Looks like fun for the kiddies, but I have to read the first few chapters first.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 AM
Hellraiser

Control by Ed Kurtz

Leon Weissmann is an introverted loner with no control over his life. His only joy is the menagerie of insects, spiders, and scorpions he tends to in his garage. When he acquires an illegally poached rainforest spider, he unknowingly contracts a rare strain of fungus that enables him to control people, to make them do anything he wants. As his power grows, Leon begins to abuse it until there are bodies in his wake and a coterie of brainwashed disciples under his influence. But soon Leon suspects that the thing growing inside his head may be the one with the power… It wants to come out. To reproduce. It wants to control everyone.

I think the cover is some what creepy.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6821429-wjohn-danenhower
http://www.librarything.com/home/WJohn

Last edited by Sdkdmd; 12-08-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Cupcake Pyro

VERY intriguing...
Old 12-11-2012, 04:25 AM
Hellraiser

The Coyote by Michael McBride

Arizona shares nearly four hundred miles of international border with Mexico, thirty-six of which are completely unfortified. On one side lies desperation; on the other, opportunity.

There’s no record of their destinations.

Tens of thousands of undocumented aliens pass through these thirty-six miles every year, only to find one of the harshest and most inhospitable deserts on the planet waiting for them.

No one knows where to look when they disappear.

Hundreds die walking, casualties of the merciless sun, their bodies never to be identified. Others simply set out across the red Sonoran sands and vanish into thin air.

It’s as though they never existed at all.

Special Agent Lukas Walker is assigned to investigate a murder, the only evidence of which is a twenty-foot design painted on a rock formation in the victim’s blood. He quickly learns that if the heat doesn’t get you…

The Coyote will.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Hellraiser

Dinin' by Ty Schwamberger

Charles Osborne is a happily married, highly successful businessman. Normally speaking his life should be perfect but a twist of fate followed by a miscarriage of justice has forced him into a seemingly never ending fight against the Consortium of lawyers that are apparently controlling the justice system. He has adapted a secret identity in an attempt to keep his family safe, a character that is feared by both the lawyers involved and the criminals they represent… The Reaper.

The Reaper by Paul Hinton

Charles Osborne is a happily married, highly successful businessman. Normally speaking his life should be perfect but a twist of fate followed by a miscarriage of justice has forced him into a seemingly never ending fight against the Consortium of lawyers that are apparently controlling the justice system. He has adapted a secret identity in an attempt to keep his family safe, a character that is feared by both the lawyers involved and the criminals they represent… The Reaper.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Demon from Ago

The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King

77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz
Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdkdmd View Post
Control by Ed Kurtz

Leon Weissmann is an introverted loner with no control over his life. His only joy is the menagerie of insects, spiders, and scorpions he tends to in his garage. When he acquires an illegally poached rainforest spider, he unknowingly contracts a rare strain of fungus that enables him to control people, to make them do anything he wants. As his power grows, Leon begins to abuse it until there are bodies in his wake and a coterie of brainwashed disciples under his influence. But soon Leon suspects that the thing growing inside his head may be the one with the power… It wants to come out. To reproduce. It wants to control everyone.

I think the cover is some what creepy.

hope he is a good writer,thats an awsome storyline
Old 12-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Banned