Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-25-2004, 03:34 AM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
It was dramaticly neccesary for them to be fast. But I also think it's because most of the zombies were freshly bittin. That little girl I don't think ran
Old 03-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Undead

Unforunately, I have yet to see the original... The new one, however, I saw last night. I'm always up for a good zombie picture and I wasn't disappointed. I liked the way the director shot a lot of the scences- really interesting camera work. And seeing surburbia destoryed in the beginning was very cool indeed.

The music was good, too. The Johnny Cash song at the beginning was totally out-of-place which made it perfect. Oh, I loved the slow version of Down With the Sickness that played when the survivors were having fun/amusing themselves. That was great!

During the end credits though, I didn't like how they continued the story. It seemed tacked on and unnnecessary.

"Unpleasant dreams..." ~Elvira
Old 03-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Bay Area $avage

I thought it was shit. It had lots of potential, but very, very quickly went downhill. I found too many things wrong with it to like it. Great zombie make-up though, some decent FX but I'll stick with the original.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Evisceration
Haven't seen it due to busy lifestyle. For my next english paper we have to see a movie and do a review. I'm going to compare the new and original one for the paper.

I can't wait to see it, Maddox approved of it, so it must kick ass.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:56 PM
The REAL Jason!

Send a message via AIM to Jason Hodder
i was actually hoping that it would suck badly since I loved to original. Happily I was wrong. I didn't have any idea that James Gunn, of Troma fame, wrote it till I read the article in Fangoria. That got me a little hyped since I love Gunns work in Tromeo & Julliet, and yes I even liked the first Scooby-Doo.

I didn't think I would like the fact that the zombies could run but that made the movie intense, plus how do we know if the living dead can run...no one has ever comes back to life for us to know this. We have to suspend disbelief.

I thought that this was one of the best horror movies I have seen with in the past few years. I thought this one could certainly stand on its own since the only thing the two movies had in common were, they both took place at a mall.

Speaking of the mall, the only thing I didn't like was how fast they made it to the mall. I liked the fact in the original that they took their time getting there.

I too, liked the way Down with the Sickness was used. Very funny. In fact I liked the shot of comedy every now and then. When they are on the elevator and CJ says "I like this song" after a really intense scene, it released some tension. Very well done.

I also liked the ending. I'm not going to give it away to those that didn't see it but I will say I loved the non-hollywood ending. I sat in the theater saying out loud, "please not a hollywood ending" & my wish came true.

A very well done movie from begining to end. On a scale of 1 to 5 I would give this movie a 4.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Scares Little Kids

As far as remakes go I have to give this a thumbs-up. IMO, most remakes don't match up, like the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The only thing they massacred in that movie was the reputation of an outstanding original. This time ... whew! Great job all around!
Sure, you wanna nit pick about the friggin propane... go right ahead, the rest of the tale certainly made up for that momentary lapse in reasoning. I thought the baby sub-plot really was suspensefull, I mean if that kid came out alive and hence with some type of genetic tolerance to "the bite" you nay-sayers would all be giving standing ovations and jabbering about "innovative plots." SPOILER- However, the kid comes out a ghoul, gets shot, etc... so there's no hope, no attachments, whatever... isn't that the underlying 'theme' (if there is one- whatever happened to just having a good friggin time at a movie??!!)
Hell, I can appreciate that I have no idea how they found the right boat, or that they need only walk over a little hill to get to the mall gripes, but all in all ...... DARE I SAY IT? ..... this was BETTER than the original!!! Oh, who am I kidding, ROTLD is still the most fun zombie flick of all time!!! Still, it beats the tar outta "Gigli"......
Old 03-27-2004, 05:21 PM
The REAL Jason!

Send a message via AIM to Jason Hodder
I don't know if I liked it more then the original but I did love the movie. One of my buds liked it more then the original & he loved the original.

Another thing i found unteresting was that for the most part, the reviews were great. Entertainment Weekly gave it an A and they teand to grade very hard on movies. I know reviewers don't matter but when it gets the fans going & the reviewers going, it's got to have something to it.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Evil Dead

Loved it. Can't wait for "Day".
Old 04-02-2004, 10:38 AM
ironic21

See the original, 'nuff said!!!

Seriously though, if you have seen the original, put it out of your mind when you go in to see it, because this movie isn't so much of a remake as a revamp. It's alright in it's own right, but it's nothing compared to Romeros version. Zombies DO NOT run!!! They are dead. Stick to Romero and you can't go far wrong.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Undead

Just watched it last nite and loved it but I am not classing it as a remake it was just another zombie flick to me he just used the same name so to me it was the 4th one of the lot. I loved the chainsaw part realy nastie. Give 7 out of 10