Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-05-2015, 11:46 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that gay marriage is legal in every single state.
Basically, yes. (I'm sure you already know this...) the Court can't make laws, but sets president that any challenge to a law barring gay marriage, or legal/commercial recognition of it, would win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Love wins
Love always wins, brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Proud day for our country!
Most significant moment in homosexuality matters in the United States. Only thing bigger will be the eventual scientific discovery of the cause of non-heterosexual attraction, and later the cure, or otherwise prevention of the occurrence.

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-05-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Most significant moment in homosexuality matters in the United States. Only thing bigger will be the eventual scientific discovery of the cause of non-heterosexual attraction, and later the cure, or otherwise prevention of the occurrence.
um
Old 07-05-2015, 11:59 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
um
Yes? Please elaborate. I don't want to misunderstood.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:25 AM
Horror Fan

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Yes? Please elaborate. I don't want to misunderstood.
Say more, friend: is the promise here that we may "sculpt" the human mind to refrain from homosexual tendencies?

Old 07-06-2015, 04:51 AM
Evil Dead

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lkmpty.jpg (15.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-06-2015, 07:14 AM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Welcome back to horror.com.
Thanks MM.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:59 AM
No Tears Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Say more, friend: is the promise here that we may "sculpt" the human mind to refrain from homosexual tendencies?
I have no idea if this is what Sculpt is saying but there is some merit to it. When you look at it from a scientific stand point, homosexuality is the opposite of what nature intends. Everything is designed to advance the species. Nature or God or whatever you believe in wouldn't purposefully design something that couldn't advance the species unless it was intended to be the end of something. So from a scientific standpoint, and remember that I am personally completely open to homosexuality and people who are, homosexuality is nature narrowing down a species or eliminating a unsatisfactory gene pool. It sounds terrible, and I know it does. But if you think about it strictly from a scientific standpoint, why else would nature create a creature or person that will not procreate except to eliminate something in that creature before it spreads, whether it be an unknown super virus or disease or whatever else you can think of.

I understand that this may offend some people, it isn't meant to, I just find it intriguing to think about why someone would be created without the want or drive to procreate. I apologize if it does, it wasn't meant that way.

The People (short story) ---- http://www.inkitt.com/stories/10686

Trapped (Short Story) ---- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624905

The End : A Short Glimpse (Flash Fiction) --- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624912

Fear Awakens (novel) ----- Recently Restarted
Old 07-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Evil Dead

Wow... You guys are gettin' way too deep on it....It's just lust.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:20 AM
Horror Fan

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
I have no idea if this is what Sculpt is saying but there is some merit to it. When you look at it from a scientific stand point, homosexuality is the opposite of what nature intends. Everything is designed to advance the species. Nature or God or whatever you believe in wouldn't purposefully design something that couldn't advance the species unless it was intended to be the end of something. So from a scientific standpoint, and remember that I am personally completely open to homosexuality and people who are, homosexuality is nature narrowing down a species or eliminating a unsatisfactory gene pool. It sounds terrible, and I know it does. But if you think about it strictly from a scientific standpoint, why else would nature create a creature or person that will not procreate except to eliminate something in that creature before it spreads, whether it be an unknown super virus or disease or whatever else you can think of.

I understand that this may offend some people, it isn't meant to, I just find it intriguing to think about why someone would be created without the want or drive to procreate. I apologize if it does, it wasn't meant that way.
Fascinating stuff, Jake. It seems though, with advancements such as surrogate pregnancies and the like, that homosexuals have made an end-run around such species-exterminating copulations.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
Wow... You guys are gettin' way too deep on it....It's just lust.

Yep.