Old 11-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Misanthrope

Haha you must've got me onto Leaf Hound too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Weren't they a krautrock group?
They were from the UK but definitely have that sound about them... think they were bigger in Germany. They reformed not long ago but I haven't checked out their new stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistinas666 View Post
Hey Elvis, did you listen to the Sun Red Sun record? I forget the title(its a burn) and I realize its old as hell but I think you might like it. It had Ray Gillen and Mike Starr.
Nope will keep an eye out for it.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:41 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Haha you must've got me onto Leaf Hound too!
Haha, there have been so many recommendations between the two of us that I can't even remember.
Oh man, I was listening to White Walls earlier today. I had forgotten about that 7-inch of theirs that you sent me. So good. "Lady Parts" is such a killer song.

Quote:
They were from the UK but definitely have that sound about them... think they were bigger in Germany. They reformed not long ago but I haven't checked out their new stuff.
Listening to that album now, really digging it. I don't know why I thought they were German, but like you said, they do have that sound.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Oh man, I was listening to White Walls earlier today. I had forgotten about that 7-inch of theirs that you sent me. So good. "Lady Parts" is such a killer song.
Definitely killer stuff for sure. Loving the post-HC sounding stuff coming out of the States at the moment. They are a bit more chaotic but Crazy Spirit have a couple of ripping EPs you should definitely check out.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:15 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Definitely killer stuff for sure. Loving the post-HC sounding stuff coming out of the States at the moment. They are a bit more chaotic but Crazy Spirit have a couple of ripping EPs you should definitely check out.
Listened to Crazy Spirit. Good stuff; reminds me of Cult Ritual. Great to crank in the car after a long day at work.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Listened to Crazy Spirit. Good stuff; reminds me of Cult Ritual. Great to crank in the car after a long day at work.
Cult Ritual are pretty good. Real bummed I missed out on picking up their EPs and full length on vinyl. Way out of my price range now which sucks because most of the rips out there of that style of music don't capture the bottom end of the sound.

Threw the first Vile Gash EP on today for the first time in ages. Fucking fierce! Well worth checking out if you haven't already. Their second EP is still floating about and is worth picking up before it goes for stamp collector prices on eBay. My favourite modern HC band along with Crazy Spirit.

Think I mentioned Slices to you? But yeah their second EP is excellent.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:34 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Threw the first Vile Gash EP on today for the first time in ages. Fucking fierce! Well worth checking out if you haven't already. Their second EP is still floating about and is worth picking up before it goes for stamp collector prices on eBay. My favourite modern HC band along with Crazy Spirit.
Whoo, man. Fierce is right. I'll have to listen to this again when I'm not at my computer.

Quote:
Think I mentioned Slices to you? But yeah their second EP is excellent.
I don't think you'd mentioned them to me before. Listening to the first two Slices EPs now, really into it. I'll have to grab these on vinyl if you still can.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
I'll have to grab these on vinyl if you still can.
You can get them from here.

I've still gotta get their LP. Hated it at first and held off buying it but it's grown on me.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:30 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
You can get them from here.

I've still gotta get their LP. Hated it at first and held off buying it but it's grown on me.
Awesome! Thanks, man.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:56 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Haha, there have been so many recommendations between the two of us that I can't even remember.

Listening to that album now, really digging it. I don't know why I thought they were German, but like you said, they do have that sound.
It's the Krautrock thing-I was confused by this as well-I've heard "Lady Parts" but not the album it was from-rectifying that now.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Misanthrope

The track Time Gambler is ripping. Took a couple of listens but this one has grown on me and I dig it a lot.

Been awhile since I heard Cheap Thrills. Forgot how fucking great it was! Think Janis is my favourite female vocalist... well first equal with Aretha Franklin.