Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-26-2009, 02:28 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Child Blood

Low budget made for TV Horror crap from Thailand.

>>: D+

House of Fury (2005)

>>: B-
Old 09-28-2009, 06:05 AM
Bad Natured

The Human Condition: disc 1 (1959). The first instalment of Kobayashi's four disc trilogy (yeah i know) which portays an epic tale of a Japanese man's life during World War II. So far, this series is threatening to be one of the greatest movie epics ever. Not for the light hearted, this heart wrenching flick has been, up to this point at least, a great example of epic story-telling. As the first instalment was 3 1/2 hours long, looks like i have some hours to log in. Ashe.
derek

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Shinjuku Incident (2009)

The story centers raise and fall of Iron Zhao aka "Steelhead" (Jackie Chan), a truck repairman from China who settles down as an illegal immigrant in Tokyo, and after a series of run-ins with the Yakuza, become a Don of Chinese rulling part of the city.

Bit typical Asian gangster flick where Chan & other cast members did a regular nice job.

>>: B-
Old 09-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Bad Natured

Neighbor No. 13 (2005). i could see where this flick could test one's patience due its pacing and the character's lack of realistic responses to certain events. The story itself was solid, centering on the lifelong effects of schoolyard bullying. i thought that it was well acted, and whilst there were definitely times that the actor's responses were not realistic, this worked since a normal response to anything would seem out of place in this insane, disturbed, nightmarish atmosphere. The score worked wonderfully to keep the tension high. The camerawork was splendid, with effective use of shadows and distance in some scenes. To me, that some of the scenes were absurdly drawn out only added to the bizarre atmosphere of this flick. i loved the wonderful scenes which effectivley elucidated the psychopathological conflicts of the antihero. Though it relied heavily on flashbacks, their discontinmuity was such that their use did not seem so much a crutch as opposed to a further tweaking to a twisted story. Ashe.
derek

Old 09-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Sick Nurses

Strange offering from Thailand, sort of The Grudge with its tongue firmly in cheek. Exceptionally pretty nurses with scanty clothing did help to carry me through the film as the plot was thin on the ground and acting/script average at best, but it did look good though. Id still say its worth seeing, all things considered.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 09-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Murders and Executions

Send a message via AIM to MyraHindley
Nagai Yume (Long Dream)

This one is kind of hard to come by, since I think it was made for TV and may not have a fancy proper release. It's based on a graphic novel by the same artist who did the Uzumaki graphic novels. This was one of the most bizarre cinematic experiences I've had in recent memory. The production values aren't particularly high, but it's worth seeing for the concept and imagery alone.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post
Sick Nurses

Exceptionally pretty nurses with scanty clothing
SOLD....I'll have to search this one out.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:43 AM
Bad Natured

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
SOLD....I'll have to search this one out.
If'n you are in it solely for the nurses then you will not be disappointed. Smokin' hot they were. Ashe.
derek

Old 10-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Bad Natured

Strange Circus (2005). This wonderful film should seem like one of the most depraved flix ever, but it was done in such a beautiful fashion that its disturbing premise almost takes a backseat, allowing its convoluted story to unravel splendidly. The music was wonderful, and some of the shots were visually arresting and grandiose. There are scenes where the viewer becomes so imbued that the depravity goes almost unnoticed, but then we are again brought back to our humanity, again to be shocked by what we must witness. A must see for any fan of disturbing movies. An insane delight. Ashe.
derek

Old 10-02-2009, 04:48 AM
Pirate of Bengal

A Page of Madness (1926)

A brilliant abstract portrayal of the inner mental state of the inmates in an asylum. Though sometimes it was bit complicated film to follow, as it has got no inter titles but surely it was ahead of its time. Surprised by some several reviews of the film where they noted The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari (1920) as the biggest influence on the film, cause it also treats madness as prime subject. But the comparison with Dr. Caligari is quite pointless. This film handles the theme in a completely different way, both in terms of story-development and mood.

This landmark of Japanese silent film era was lost for fifty years until being rediscovered by the director himself in his garden shed in 1971.

>>: A-