Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Evil Dead

First thing I want to say is I liked this movie, but I have to tell you right off the top, this is NOT a horror movie. Yes it does have some creepy moments,but for the most part this is a legal courtroom thriller with supernatural overtones. If you go to this film expecting gallons of gore or some major crap in your pants scares, you will be dissappointed. But if you go in looking for a well acted, well put together film I think you will like it. It treats the subject in a (in my opinion) very realistic manner: was the girl really possessed or was she just off her meds? You see both sides to the argument. I don't know how really "True" this film was, but it makes you think. Go see it.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:12 AM
Evil Dead

Well, I don't think it's fair to say that this (or any) film is "not a horror movie"just because it doesn't contain gallons of gore. We might say it's not a "gore" film or not a "cult" film. But a horror film it most definitely is.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Evil Dead

I think the reason people on this forum like horror movies is because of the gore and blood. Thats why most of us are upset that the majority of the horror movies coming out lately are PG-13. You see the average movie goer goes to a horror movie to be scared. But the horror movie FAN is desensitised to elements ment scare people so therefore they go to a horror movie for the gore and blood. So by a horror FAN's definition a horror movie that is not atleast rated R is not a true horror movie.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Undead

Just saw the film. Liked it. But it didn't scare me.

My ex-mother-in-law was scarier. But she was genuinely possessed by the devil.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Undead

Send a message via Yahoo to Terrin_the_Vamp
I saw this and it was pretty good. Some parts were very creepy but it wasnt really scary. I do wish it had an R rating just so I wouldnt of had to be surrounded by a bunch of 13 year-olds who screamed for no reason.