Old 04-19-2018, 01:49 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Children of the Corn. A really good horror movie based off one of Stephen King's novels but the sequels and the remake that came after it were all stupid..

The two characters I found annoying were the little boy Job and his sister Sarah. Something about those two really irked me.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:36 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Children of the Corn. A really good horror movie based off one of Stephen King's novels but the sequels and the remake that came after it were all stupid..

The two characters I found annoying were the little boy Job and his sister Sarah. Something about those two really irked me.
I really thought the film sucked. I watched it with my sister on HBO, or something like that, in the 1980s, and we were rolling are eyes and cracking up laughing. The parts we were laughing, I'm pretty darn sure weren't meant to be funny. It was long, long time ago, and I don't ever plan on wasting my life watching it again, and I never read the book, but I thought the film was a mess.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:29 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I really thought the film sucked. I watched it with my sister on HBO, or something like that, in the 1980s, and we were rolling are eyes and cracking up laughing. The parts we were laughing, I'm pretty darn sure weren't meant to be funny. It was long, long time ago, and I don't ever plan on wasting my life watching it again, and I never read the book, but I thought the film was a mess.
Lol that's OK to each their own. Everybody doesn't have to like the same things. :)
Old 04-20-2018, 07:15 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Lol that's OK to each their own. Everybody doesn't have to like the same things. :)
I actually thought the first one was the only decent one. I was never big on sequels except for some of the Friday the 13th's.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:18 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I actually thought the first one was the only decent one. I was never big on sequels except for some of the Friday the 13th's.
Yeah I tend to dislike sequels and remakes myself but there are a few that I think are decent. I think when it's the same people who worked on the original movie doing the sequels and remakes they usually turn out OK.

Also I think the first Children of the Corn was good for what it was and the opening scene where the teenagers were killing all the old people in the coffee shop was pretty disturbing. Those poor old ladies made me think of my grandmothers. 😨
Old 04-20-2018, 05:33 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Very true! I'm glad you liked it! When so much effort is put into a film like that, I'm glad to hear it was appreciated by some folks!

Old 04-22-2018, 12:45 AM
Evil Dead

Suspiria: Best. Horror film. Ever.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:16 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Suspiria: Best. Horror film. Ever.
I've heard of it but never seen it. What is it about?

Also I just watched Carrie again. I thought the movie was more sad than scary but it's a really great movie!
Old 04-23-2018, 04:48 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I've heard of it but never seen it. What is it about?
Hard to tell while keeping it spoiler free.

In a nutshell, an American girl travels to a ballet academy in Germany to join the classes. Once she arrives, more and more weird things are going on. Let's just say it has to do with witchcraft.

What makes this movie so special? Everything about it is beautiful. The cinematography, the soundtrack, the build-up, the colors (which give the whole film a surreal, dreamlike atmosphere, similar to A Clockwork Orange),...

Quote:
Also I just watched Carrie again. I thought the movie was more sad than scary but it's a really great movie!
Completely agree. Throughout the film, I found myself empathising with (and feeling sorry for) Carrie. While some of the stuff with the mother was scary, the general feel of the film was more "oh, that poor young girl".
Old 04-23-2018, 06:31 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Oh I get it now! I think I saw that movie referenced in an episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. It had the same kind of plot but of course it was parodied for comedy. I'll have to see that movie for myself if I ever get the chance!