Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to dogeymon
The Kind Of Creepy Movies You've Waited For!!

ERASERHEAD - For those who doubt that the true physical manifestation of a dark, evil man's mind being portrayed on your television screen right be fore you is possible, behold Eraserhead. A true visionary of the bizarre and freaky, David Lynch created this nightmarish film. Filmed in eternal black and white, you'll be amazed at what Lynch accomplishes with a limited budget. You will not regret owning this film.

BEGOTTEN - I gurantee you will see this film once and probably never want to see it again. The director obviously wanted to take you on an hour and half journey through the nightmare of a perverse child. But this film offers imagery you've probably never seen in a film ever. Filmed in a chairoscuro, speckled black and white, you will never forget what you see. For someone who had seen Eraserhead, I had figured that I'd seen it all. I had no idea how much more illogical and disturbing film could get. But as adult and experienced as I thought I was, I'll just tell you that the moment the scene at the cabin came, a surging chill went down my spine. For some reason, this film made me feel like a frightened child again on a roller coaster through one of my childhood nightmares. Some will say that it drags on after the first half hour, but it is truly an experience! I couldn't watch, and yet I couldn't turn away. Gruesome? Yes. Gorey? Yes. Outstanding? ...........................Just watch :).

THE COMB - The Comb was quite an experience. Never before has a rubber dolls' twitching fingers creeped me out more! I can't say just how weird this film is without first calming down my laughter and head-shaking at the thought of the magnitude of it. It's easy to agree with the review on the back of the DVD box: "Never before in your dreamiest of dreams have you seen films like these." I got just a chance to see this once and now I can barely remember it, just like some crazy dream. I don't think these guys set out to make these films for any reason other than to just make you scratch your head.

A QUIET WEEK IN THE HOUSE - Jan Svankmajer is just plain weird!!!!! What a freak. He's made a series of films, including two DVD collections of his past and current shorts, and a few full length movies that I'm familiar with. His movie "Alice" and "Faust" are quite weird, and at times a little shockingly creepy, but are pretty much "snoozers". But A QUIET WEEK IN THE HOUSE really affected me. The kind of weird you'd expect from the Silent Hill series, A.Q.W.I.T.H. was a very imaginative short subject that made no sense from beginning to end. Sure, it was just some stupid guy running into some bizarre hotel, but the things he saw in those rooms ......OH MANNNNNN! What a film. I got the chills! What did I see?????? I DON'T KNOW!! BUT IT WAS JUST WRONG!! LOL!!!!

[email protected] :)
Old 11-26-2003, 12:04 AM
Post-Moderation

Im gonna try and download some of these, they sound pretty cool. Ive heard about eraserhead before.

This alice film by Jan Svankmajer, is it a creepy stop-motion version of Alice in Wonderland? cuz if it is ive seen it and its pretty badass.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:59 AM
Scares Little Kids

Downloading?

Download these???? Wow. Where can you do that? Because these DVD's are rip-off prices of $29.99 or more and I really only want a few films on each. Where do you download these? They're too expensive for me.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:02 AM
Scares Little Kids

And yeah, you're thinking of the same Alice that I am. But you have to agree that it was pretty lame and horrendously boring.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:26 AM
Hellraiser

Good luck finding Eraserhead on any format. It hasn't been printed for years. Best bet is to borrow it from someone who has it and tape it, rent it at one of the two video stores in the country that have a copy, download it, or beg David Lynch to release it on DVD already. I'm not sure what his plans are for rereleasing this film are, but he does have other great films. The video store I used to go to had it but they wanted a thirty dollar deposit to ensure it's safe return. It's a rare movie and a brilliant one. Makes you think twice about having children.

Groucho
Old 11-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to teenagezombie
i didnt know Eraserhead was a rare find. My mom bought my copy at a garage sale for $4.00. Did the guy not know it was a rare find or do u think he wuz just stupid? Oh well i own a copy of a rare tape I FEEL SPECIAL!!!!! :D
Old 11-26-2003, 10:56 AM
Hellraiser

The guy was an idiot. He could have sold it for at least 20-25 bucks on ebay. Upon checking up on davidlynch.com they do have a dvd of it, but it is only availible off the site. Someone go buy it now.

Groucho
Old 11-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Undead

Although I'll take your recommendations to heart, I have to completely disagree with your assesment of Begotten. While I do fall in line of the of people who believed it dragged on and on, I also found it's lack of story/dialogue/plot to be incredibly taxing. It's shot as an art film, and it has completely captured the cliche of being an art film. There is no point besides the producers own beliefs, which are never really described in the movie, but written somewhere in the box.

I didn't find it gruesome or disturbing, but rather comical. I watched the whole movie waiting for something to happen and it just never did.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:29 PM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch

This alice film by Jan Svankmajer, is it a creepy stop-motion version of Alice in Wonderland? cuz if it is ive seen it and its pretty badass.
I just got the video game and it rocks:D is the movie like the game?
Old 11-27-2003, 08:42 PM
Scares Little Kids

And about Begotten...

Begotten was totally weird! Nothing happened? Well, it does seem that way after the first half. But if the beginning didn't creep you out, then I don't understand. Everything about it was orchestrated so perfectly. That creepy sound, the guy (woman?) in the chair, and the look of this film. I am having second thoughts about buying it. I totally know what you mean. It does feel a bit boring and lame after the beginning takes off, but it's really the kinda film that you need to have patience for and to just lie down and breath it in.

But you gotta admit, the visuals in that film, at times, are just insane!!! The thing with dreams is that you see things that are just totally without grounded reality and sometimes you'll visualize things in dreams that defy the laws of physics. The chosen one writhing reminded me of the creepy girl in Gothika.