Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions

Old 12-10-2017, 12:45 AM
Little Boo

Horror Story about Satan on Trial

I need help finding a fictional book
I can't remember the title and my searches online are not coming up with anything that helps. This fictional novel was written in the 80's and it was about Satan putting himself on trial to prove his existence or something to that effect. I remember it was the first place I learned about the God's rule of Gold and Satan's rule of lead...God basically told Satan he could do whatever he wanted to man but he cannot kill him and Satan figured out that it was no problem because he could just have men kill men. I believe it occurred somewhere in the pacific northwest an I think it may have been specifically the Puget Sound area. I might have the details mixed up a bit but then that is exactly why I want to find this book.

My memory of the book was that the trial was initiated by a murder and of course the murderer was possessed by the devil. The defense attorney of tried to use the "insanity" defense and I guess Satan got a little pissed that man in general wasn't really paying attention to him or believing he existed and that you had to be insane if you claimed to be possessed. So he takes over the courthouse to make people pay attention to the fact that he does exist and can possess people etc. Of course my memory could be way off but I believe this is the general direction of the story and I remember it being cleverly written. I also remember the setting was in the Puget Sound area so I found it even more interesting. It was definitely a paperback but that doesn't mean it wasn't released in hard cover.

I can't remember the author, title, exact year or anything else significant to help with finding this book...hoping for a little luck.

Thanx,
Jack
Old 12-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Little Boo

Exclamation Title of this horror movie?!

Hey there can anyone tell me the title for this horror movie
I have searched everywhere I can't seem to find it and I'm dying to know?

http://fyeahcreepyshit.tumblr.com/po...36/omg-run-tho

Last edited by DarkAeon; 12-12-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:41 PM
Living Dead

Answer (possibly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinhead Jay View Post
hey people, new to the forum, joined so I could ask this question:

Looking for an 80s or 90s horror film, similar to Tales from The Crypt: Demon Knight, believe it had the same 'demon' creature effects. All about a bus ride to hell. I even thought it might have had Christopher Lloyd (as in Doc Brown) in it as the bus driver, but probably mistaken as IMDB turned up nothing.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers!

- Jay

I'm not sure, but it could have been, Quicksilver Highway. It had Christopher Lloyd in it, dressed kinda gothy. There were two stories in it, one was made by Stephen King and the other by Clive Barker. I'm not sure Lloyd was on a bus, I don't remember. It was a made-for-tv movie back in the 90's.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:09 PM
Living Dead

Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
hi i'm trying to find a movie i watched when i was little, i remember it was about a grandma that dies then somehow comes back to life by eating beetles, at the end of this movie they chop up the grandma's body and the grandson goes to burry the head but she asks for one good bye kiss from him and she bites his lip, thats all i can remember does anyone know the name of this movie?
I know what movie you're talking about. It's called, Ed and His Dead Mother. It's a horror comedy with, Steve Buscemi, in it. I'm pretty sure I spelled Buscemi wrong.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:42 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAeon View Post
Hey there can anyone tell me the title for this horror movie
I have searched everywhere I can't seem to find it and I'm dying to know?

http://fyeahcreepyshit.tumblr.com/po...36/omg-run-tho
It’s the horror short “Mother”, by the director who later on made “Mama”. You might find it on Youtube, it’s quite good.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:16 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
It’s the horror short “Mother”, by the director who later on made “Mama”. You might find it on Youtube, it’s quite good.
Is that the original short on the DVD I wonder...

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 12-16-2017, 03:42 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Is that the original short on the DVD I wonder...
I don’t own the dvd, but why wouldn’t it be?
Old 12-17-2017, 02:49 PM
Living Dead

ANSWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_sax View Post
I'm trying to think of this movie I saw maybe about 15 years, It didn't seem old at the time so I assume it was made around 1990 or so. I can only remember little bits and pieces.

These two guys entered what looked to be an old European style mansion with, I think, the mission of investigating a guy/group that was reincarnating humans or monsters or something of that kind. At some point its like they discover underground catacombs with rooms with secret books on how to perform reincarnation. After they look at a few books and find other reincarnation related items they decide to look around more then they find trouble.

The last part I vividly remember is they walked into this large room with pits on the floor and their candle died in the wind, after they re-light the candle a big monster (I guess a messed up reincarnation experiment) was in dudes face. I believe I probably ran out of the room at this point.

I have been dying to know what this movie was ever since! PLEASE HELP!:D

I have seen this movie multiple times. It is called, The Resurrected. It's based off of an H. P. Lovecraft story. It's got Chris Sarandon in it.

Here's the IMDB page for it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105242/
Old 12-17-2017, 03:01 PM
Living Dead

QUESTION

Ok, so I've got one of my own, now.

There's this movie. Old, color, science fiction/monster movie. There are these people on a space ship flying around outer space. They have something they found somewhere. Seems like it was just a bit of goo they had in a petrie dish. They didn't know anything about it, so they were studying it. Eventually, the stuff grows into a full-grown monster wandering around the ship. I'm pretty sure he multiplied, too. Anyhow, it/they were green, lump-shaped, and had one big eye and a big mouth. They ate electricity, so they were chewing through the cables that made the ship work. I suppose they were probably a good 6 to 7 feet tall.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:35 AM
old man

Sounds like it might be an episode of Space:1999, or one of the TV movies made by slamming two (possibly unrelated) episodes together.

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods