Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Banned

I woulda been too...
So this ETHAN guy, seems a pretty brutal fucker, eh?
I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a good fight between him and either Locke, or um....yknow, long blonde haired "asshole" guy...

I'm not sure if it's him, but a while ago, I heard that someone that came into the series later was actually meant to be the cousin of Tom Cruise...is THAT Ethan? 'cos they sure got a similar voice...
Old 04-28-2005, 05:37 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
I dunno. As for the fight stuff, I'm not saying a word, except that what happens is fucking badass.

BTW, long haired asshole guy = "Sawyer"

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 04-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
I watch this show also. Drives me nuts, but I can't pull myself away. What the hell is happening on that island anyway? ;) I watched the recap last night and I am ready for the season's last few episodes already.

Locke is by far the most fascinating character, but he still pisses me off. Not as bad as that slimeball Sawyer though.

Last edited by jenna26; 04-28-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:26 PM
The Emperor of America

Locke doesn't piss me off. He's too awesome. "Don't tell me what I can't do!" "Time to let go." The moth speech, everything. Sooooo awesome

===

Old 04-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Evil Dead

Coming in to edit, if you haven't already read this and you are behind on the episodes. There are spoilers below, be warned! I will be more careful next time....

Actually he didn't piss me off until the incident in the last episode. I have issues with his reactions ("Why are you doing this to me? I mean, excuse me, but huh? It wasn't all about him by that point.) and the decisions that he made. I still think he is the most interesting of the bunch and like that you can't always tell whose side he is own. But Boone, dim bulb that he may have been, was Locke's friend.

Okay, I am way too into this.....lol.

Last edited by jenna26; 04-29-2005 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:36 PM
The Emperor of America

Well, consider what he was going through. What would pass as his only real friend, and his surrogate son, Boone, had been hurt and the island was taking away his legs. And even if it did seem a bit selfish, the scene ended with the most awesome thing that happened in the series, so it's instantly forgiven.

BTW, I deliberately neglected to say what happened because some places are behind in the episodes

===

Old 04-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Evil Dead

Oh damn, didn't think about that.....I won't mention anything specific from now on.....

But a bit selfish? He was selfish the entire episode. And after his own past, he should know better. :mad: So I don't forgive him. Never. Never I say. :p He had a responsibility in my opinion, and he didn't live up to it. And that is all I will say.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:12 PM
The Emperor of America

SPOILERS!!!

Keep in mind, after 4 years in a wheelchair, he could finally walk, and the island was taking it away from him. There was no way he would've been able to get into the plane. Plus, Boone decided on his own to stay in the plane for the radio

===

Old 04-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Evil Dead

SPOILERS BELOW! BEWARE!

I understand his being upset with the island taking away what it "gave" to him. But he also had information Boone didn't have. He had an alarmingly accurate premonition of Boone in danger (covered in blood=danger to me) and he knew he could trust this premonition (plane crash, the reference to Boone's nanny). And Boone's fate was obviously tied directly to the plane that had crashed. So he didn't stop and think that maybe he shouldn't have asked him to go up there?

Besides that, which I can kind of forgive considering his obssession, I can not forgive him dumping Boone at Jack's feet, lying to him about what happened and just disappearing. He didn't even consider for a minute that he might be of help to him. Even if meant just being a comfort to Boone. That just irked the hell out of me. Boone was an adult and was responsible for his actions, but he didn't have the information that Locke did and Locke didn't warn him. And he paid dearly for his mistake. Locke has yet to, in my opinion.

And can I just say, glad to have someone to discuss this show with....lol...:)
Old 04-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Tenant

I think I'm right in between you guys, but I think it's as simple as this. Locke is so obssessed by the island he really doesn't care about anyone on the island anymore. Or anything. He just wants "in" (and STE and Jenna, you know what I mean). I'm just so fricking pumped to find out what "it" is.