Old 10-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Whip In My Valise

It's definitely out there; kind of like Lars Von Trier's The Kingdom. I'll be watching more.

Jessica Lange is great in this.:)
Old 10-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Banned

watched it On Demand the other night.....not as disjointed as I thought it might be.

I usually give a new show I think I might like 3 episodes......so I will also with this one.

first thoughts were......not bad...some freaky shit here and there.....although not any likable characters as of yet...that could be a killer for me.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:17 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
first thoughts were......not bad...some freaky shit here and there.....although not any likable characters as of yet...that could be a killer for me.
Yeah, I think that might be an issue with this show. But like you said, it'll be best to just watch this and see how it develops. Or if it develops.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Cranky

I dunno... I think I must have been watching something different than everyone else, cuz I had no problem following the storylines. It's the premiere- they're setting everything up, and I think they did a good job of it. I'm looking forward to seeing how all the different elements connect to each other.

And Wicker is right- Jessica Lange was great.

I had only one quibble. In the opening sequence, which, according to the title card, was set in 1978, when the boy finds the dead rat he says "Awesome!" I'm sorry- we didn't talk like that back then.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-09-2011, 08:53 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I had only one quibble. In the opening sequence, which, according to the title card, was set in 1978, when the boy finds the dead rat he says "Awesome!" I'm sorry- we didn't talk like that back then.
Haha, that's a good catch.

Quote:
I dunno... I think I must have been watching something different than everyone else, cuz I had no problem following the storylines. It's the premiere- they're setting everything up, and I think they did a good job of it. I'm looking forward to seeing how all the different elements connect to each other.
To me, it wasn't an issue of following the storylines, it's just that with the sheer number of them, coupled with the fact that they cover such an insanely wide spectrum of horror tropes, it's just hard for me to see how they can possibly keep it all under control. But I really did enjoy it, and look forward to seeing how (or if) they are able to manage the crazy amount of plot setups they included in the premiere.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Cranky

They won't keep up the pace, nor do I think they intend to. I believe what they will do hereonin is focus more on 2 or 3 of the plotlines each week and give the others a few minutes of development. I think in the opener they were throwing everything out there to get the ball rolling and hook in as many people as possible. Whether that was a wise strategy or not is debatable.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-09-2011, 10:47 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
They won't keep up the pace, nor do I think they intend to. I believe what they will do hereonin is focus more on 2 or 3 of the plotlines each week and give the others a few minutes of development. I think in the opener they were throwing everything out there to get the ball rolling and hook in as many people as possible. Whether that was a wise strategy or not is debatable.
Yeah, I think that's how they'll have to continue from here. I did read one review, though, of the second episode and they said it doesn't slow down at all.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Horror Fan

Cool

Will be interested to see who really inseminated Dylan McDermott's wife! My money is on the guy's patient!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:15 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:

And Wicker is right- Jessica Lange was great.
I agree with all of this. I loved it. Well, if it makes any sense, I love the idea of it - the idea of a twisted little horror show making waves - I feel as though it was meant for ME the horror viewer... Whether I'll come to love the show, I'll have to see. I enjoyed the Pilot. It wasn't perfect, but certainly enough to make me want to keep watching. It's rare that I've seen a breath-taking Pilot.

It wasn't perfect - some of the editing was a little disjointed and frenetic - But it certainly didn't lose me. I held on to every moment - Every silly beautiful over-the-top trope. It was delightfully absurd (though, to be honest, part of me wish it pushed the envelop a little farther - maybe make the sex scenes slightly longer to make the audience squirm more... Then again the average viewer probably IS squirming and I'm... Just... Jaded).

Regardless, I can't wait for the next episode... And MAN Jessica Lange was utterly brilliant.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Evil is Better

I still have to watch this. I'm behind on all my shows.