Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-15-2015, 03:50 AM
Evil Dead

i love 'the breed', the dog one not the vampire one. I think most are just indifferent to it though rather than loving or hating it. I don't know why these movies are called 'shite' i don't think you can really take a snobbish attitude to them just because you dislike the effects or the acting. An example is 'the rats' 2002, recently viewed this and really enjoyed it. Nice story okay acting and some cool effects (plus the thought of deadly rats is something we can all relate to) yet it only gets 5 on imdb is this fair, no. Yes there's many flaws in these movies but so there is in all movies. i do get annoyed by some of the snobbishness from horror fans, especially if you take the wider outlook that all horrors are ridiculous by the sheer nature of them.

Naturally, these sort of films are not necessarily ggod simply becuase of this fact, however i do think this section of them get an unecessarily hard time at times

Last edited by neilold; 06-15-2015 at 03:56 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:11 AM
Evil Dead

I'm surprised no one said Troll 2. That's the quintessential good bad flick!

I also really enjoyed The Purge, Annabelle, and Devil. Despite the fact that they're all very generic or lazy, I thought they were all really entertaining. I have all three on Blu Ray too.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:57 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I also really enjoyed The Purge, Annabelle, and Devil. Despite the fact that they're all very generic or lazy, I thought they were all really entertaining. I have all three on Blu Ray too.
Isn't the Purge well liked enough though? It does have a sequel after all. Although Nostalgia Critic and a few facebook friends didn't care for it... I loved it though. I need to see the sequel.

Saw Annabelle in theaters. Didn't really care for it, but it was fun to go see with my sister and a few friends. The one especially was really freaked out by it. XD

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 06-15-2015, 02:19 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Isn't the Purge well liked enough though? It does have a sequel after all. Although Nostalgia Critic and a few facebook friends didn't care for it... I loved it though. I need to see the sequel.

Saw Annabelle in theaters. Didn't really care for it, but it was fun to go see with my sister and a few friends. The one especially was really freaked out by it. XD
From what I've seen, a lot of people don't like it since it was a home invasion thriller that didn't really focus enough on the compelling themes of the premise.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:31 PM
Horror Fan

What about bad, good, bad films?

Old 06-15-2015, 02:35 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I'm surprised no one said Troll 2. That's the quintessential good bad flick!

Coz it's not good. Just bad.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:36 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Coz it's not good. Just bad.
Troll 2 is perfect.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:22 AM
Evil Dead

troll 2 is an odd one for me. It pushes its badness slightly tooo far for my liking. As i have said not all 'bad' films are 'good' some are just rubbish or simply don't appeal. The purge is too popular and to liked to really to fall into this category. Thought it was okay, although i don't tend to be that mad keeen on home invasion thrillers, as tension can be easily lost by rudimentary errors.

Last edited by neilold; 06-16-2015 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:17 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
troll 2 is an odd one for me. It pushes its badness slightly tooo far for my liking. As i have said not all 'bad' films are 'good' some are just rubbish or simply don't appeal. The purge is too popular and to liked to really to fall into this category. Thought it was okay, although i don't tend to be that mad keeen on home invasion thrillers, as tension can be easily lost by rudimentary errors.
It's not that the trolls in Trolls 2 are horrible made, the story is just so incredibly bad that it's hard to enjoy. I sure didn't.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Evil Dead

This might be the only place on the internet where people like human centipede but don't like troll 2.