Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Here's one that I don't remember much about at all.

I thought the title had something to do with "under" or "sub" something.
Not horror. Fantasy/comedy if anything.
I remember the cover had the human protagonist who's a young dude maybe 16-20 years old "leaning" against one side of the cover which also featured the creature in the film.
It was about this creature, that had come from someplace underground...evidently the main character had to help him/it get back.
...I seem to recall it had a fascination with shoes, and may have tried to steal the shoes of the main character.

I don't even know if or why I want to see this again, but the thought of it is annoying me.
Seriously? Little Monsters with Fred Savage, man!
Old 05-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorman
I think it is Little Monsters, too.

The werewolf film was finally solved. I am still trying to find out the title of the ghost scene I saw. This is all the information I have:

Saw in 1990-1991 approx, live action, colorized. All I remember is footage of a ghost (dressed in a blue sheet, probably a bridal grown; no face, hands, or feet, if I remember right) visiting a woman. I cannot remember what the woman looked like, but she had long hair, dark hair, straight hair, if I remember right. The clip went as followed: we see the woman laying in bed, reading, and she turns out the light, her room is then dark. She hears a noise, we then see the ghost slowly making its way towards her room, up one steps of stairs, then straight down the hall. We then see it floating still in the doorway. I think the woman calls out a name, Martin I think. The ghost then flies towards her. She looks up at it, screams, fusses, and tries to kick it away, it does not go anywhere, it just floats around in front of her. I think the ghost is a banshee or the ghost of her deceased husband, or someone else deceased. I cannot remember much else of the show, but it is NOT "the Entity", and it might be an episode of "Ray Bradbury Theater", or a show similar. It is SIMILAR to a scene from the 80s version of "Halloween", where Michael Myers dresses up as a ghost to scare one of his victims, but the sheet is blue, and the ghost did not wear any glasses, or had any hands and feet.

Could be an episode of "Nightvision", "Circle of Fear", or "Night Gallery", a made-for-TV movie: "the Haunting of Sarah Hardy", "the Haunting of Seacliff Inn", or "the Haunting Passion", or an Amityville Horror movie of the series. Did not watch any of these, but I know they all have ghosts in them.

Any guesses would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited by horrorman; 05-04-2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: providing more information to solve
Old 05-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Little Boo

Yes, I know, I dropped off the face of the Earth just when I joined. So bad. but anyways, I'm still looking for this movie. Let me go into more details.

I remember I watched this movie on Netflix at my ex's place. I don't know the year but I can tell you a few things.

1) Might be Japanese, or Chinese, not sure. Possibly Korean since I was big into those at the time. Chinese is my guess though...Don't quote me on that.

2) It had a woman giving another woman a ride to somewhere. She offers tea. That tea become a plot point later when it is discovered that woman B was poisoned by it. Plot point down below.

3) The first woman is a medium/psychic/whathaveyou. She tells the other woman 4 different stories about when she did a job or when something happened. It ended with the other woman's story. The first one was about her visit to a house where an elderly couple has their now disabled son living with them and shows why he is being tormented by two ghosts. Second and third, I don't quite remember what happened. But the fourth was about Woman B and a "murderous wife club" where she needs to kill her wife.

The whole movie ends with the husband getting his revenge in the end with the help of woman A.

4) I really, really want this name. Seriously. I want to watch this movie. It was good.

Yes, it's a ghost story movie. But still good.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:05 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Seriously? Little Monsters with Fred Savage, man!
Nope. Something like that though...probably a slightly older target audience.
I think there was really only ONE creature in the movie, and they were trying to get him home, which was underground.
I'm sure at one point the protagonist was arrested?
Maybe the thing broke him out...or it was arrested? I dunno.

Unlike little monsters, the creature featuring in this one was less humanoid. Looked more (from recollection) along the lines of the "good" creatures in the dark crystal? Maybe anyways.

I think it was learning to talk throughout the movie too.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Hellraiser

One Monster in the Boy's Closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by varo123 View Post
Can somebody help me with a movie name?

I rented this movie back in year 2000, It was pretty old, color (non black and white), vhs...The thing is that I remember it was about some monsters coming out of a giant closet or something, the weird closet was open at midnight...So the monsters did all the scares and then after a long night of action, they went back to the alley where the "closet" look like door was... I was 12 years old so I fast forwarded the movie because it sucked (at east for me when I was 12), so my summary was: 1-monsters go out, 2-scare and kill people, 3-monsters return, 4-The end....

I'm looking for this movie because I want to watch it and see if my young mind was actually right about the movie and actually got the essential plot summary on fast forward.
NOT

MONSTER in the Closet (1986)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091544/?ref_=sr_1

Old 06-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Dean of Death

No one will ever answer this. I have tried for years. I saw it when I was young and all I remember is that this movie (TV show, miniseries?) took place on an island. At one point there was a small (single engine?) plane in the woods (maybe with a skeleton in it) and that a man's tongue was cut off (and may have been placed under a floorboard). That's all I got. Gold stars and possibly cash prizes to anyone who can tell me the title.

Oh, since I saw it when I was young I would have been watching in the late seventies or early eighties if that helps.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Little Boo

Hello I have a tough one I looked around and posted on Yahoo answer 10 times and haven't even gotten close and I don't even think my deception is 100% accurate, if someone does somehow get it, you'll be my hero.:D

Here is what I can remember:

It was about guys having nightmares
No freddy cruger bullshit.
I'm pretty sure it was a foreign film.
The dreams were extremely disturbing and he called a guy to his house to fix his phone or something?
I believe there was something about if you die in your dream WHILE it is raining outside you die in real life.

I believe one of the dreams had a "thing" on a tree and he was handcuffed to something and he couldn't get away and it was trying to get him?:confused:
Old 07-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorman
Unfortunately, I do not have the answer to your question, but you might want to ask this on the "I need to know" forum on the IMDB (the internet movie database). You will need to register, but it is free, and the people there are very helpful, sorry if you tried this already, but if you have not, it is definitely worthwhile. I never saw this film, but it sounds very interesting, and I would want to know the title, too. By the way, when did you watch this film, and do you know anyone who was in it? That would be helpful to know too.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:08 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azusa View Post
Hello I have a tough one I looked around and posted on Yahoo answer 10 times and haven't even gotten close and I don't even think my deception is 100% accurate, if someone does somehow get it, you'll be my hero.:D

Here is what I can remember:

It was about guys having nightmares
No freddy cruger bullshit.
I'm pretty sure it was a foreign film.
The dreams were extremely disturbing and he called a guy to his house to fix his phone or something?
I believe there was something about if you die in your dream WHILE it is raining outside you die in real life.

I believe one of the dreams had a "thing" on a tree and he was handcuffed to something and he couldn't get away and it was trying to get him?:confused:
Good thing it wasn't raining when you had this nightmare. Just kidding. You said you thought it was a foreign film? Why you say that? Did it have subtitles, or was it overdubbed? If it had subtitles, what language do you think it was -- or at least... was it latin (spanish-esque), asian or european? Were the actors latin, asian or european? What was the setting -- woods, desert, outspace? And take a guess at the year range it was in -- 1950s? or 1990-2013? Was it black & white, old color, new color? All these things can help someone tell you what film it was.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Baby Fiend

Send a message via Skype™ to SpiderCupcake
help remembering title of a movie

I'm going to start off by saying that the movie is not the Collector or the Collector 2!! It's older than those movies.

I watched it quite a few years ago so I don't remember it exactly. But, a family moved into a house I think it was just father, daughter, and son. They hired a guy to fix up the house and I don't know what happened but they couldn't open the doors and the daughter picked up a chair and threw it at a window to break it but the window didn't break. The hired hand fixed the locks on the door so that they locked from the outside and he put in unbreakable glass unbeknownst to the family.

Please help because I would really like to watch this movie again :)

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods