Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 05-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Scares Little Kids

STRANGEWAYS - Horror/Western comics online.

Hey, folks. Matt Maxwell from STRANGEWAYS (and irregular poster here) speakin.' Just wanted to drop in and tell folks a bit about the book, which is also a webcomic running currently over at the Robot6 blog on Comic Book Resources.

The first book, MURDER MOON, is the story of ex-Union officer Seth Collins as he makes his way through the haunted frontier of post-Civil War-America. A letter from his estranged sister takes him to the town of Silver Branch, which is under attack by something that's neither wolf nor man, but the worst parts of both mixed together. Silver Branch is a place with its own secrets, ones that'll be kept, wolf or no wolf, even if it tears the town apart.

MURDER MOON looks kinda like this:

You can read the first chapter right here, at the Strangeways website. I'm also giving away copies of the OGN every Wednesday, just check this week's entry to find out how. Click right over here, and you'll get to this week's contest. There's a link there to get you caught up on the current story, that being THE THIRSTY (which you can read just fine all on its own.)

THE THIRSTY looks kinda like this:

I'm hoping you'll take a look, particularly if you're interested at all in Westerns, with or without werewolves. Or if you're a horror fan, and can overlook that this all takes place in the frontier west.

I won't be updating this thread every time I add a page, but I'll check in regularly and happily answer questions or discuss the series with folks.

-Matt
Old 05-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Scares Little Kids

Page 75 up and giving away copies of MURDER MOON

Hey folks. Checking back in now that we've hit the 75 page mark. Also wanted to let people know that I'm giving away copies of the first STRANGEWAYS book, MURDER MOON, every Wednesday. That includes this Wednesday, which is today.

Simply head over to the current page to find out how you can enter and win a copy. I won't even ask you for your firstborn or anything.

Read the current page and enter the contest here.

-Matt